Nowt but a bit of liter, of literrary, of litra, surem, litrature, literature. Phraseology bound beetling in the grubs and gravel for the first sauce of the night. The Ineluctable Modality of the Visible. The visible surrounded him, and begat him, cradling him in the saucer of the optikos in a bower of purest thin and tinny wool, of stranded, strands and skeins and yarns.

entre loguer

This phrase is a quote from none other. It is found at the beginning of the top of the surface plane and plain, atwixt the wanderings of The Son and the bar of Title that precedes him.

-At the bar?

-Moaning, indeed, through lust and dust and mellow thrust. Gin, garçon; gin warm to piquant touch and fire.

There should be left to you little doubt who penned these words; the work in west'rn word and wit, the time, the place. It is used now in place of thought and wisdom shown; it graces tops of pages o' the web, on benches, yearbook leaves, not to mention 'neath the eaves of Camden Town on walls of bathrooms in the pub and then, of course, inside the stalls.

Fullness then of being and of father, mother, with tales of war, and ships, and wells; of shaving inside an ancient tower, rocked just slightly by Poseidon's swells. The full context, you ask; the complete est? Here, then, take it; clutch it to yourself and in so doing, warm thy wit; for without that most crucial trait you won't make hide nor hair of it.

INELUCTABLE MODALITY OF THE VISIBLE: AT LEAST THAT IF NO MORE, thought through my eyes. Signatures of all things I am here to read, seaspawn and seawrack , the nearing tide, that rusty boot. Snotgreen, bluesilver, rust: coloured signs. Limits of the diaphane. But he adds: in bodies. Then he was aware of them bodies before of them coloured. How? By knocking his sconce against them, sure. Go easy. Bald he was and a millionaire, maestro di color che sanno. Limit of the diaphane in. Why in? Diaphane, adiaphane. If you can put your five fingers through it, it is a gate, if not a door. Shut your eyes and see.

The title of this writeup can be found on the walls of bars and bathrooms everywhere; one such sighting inspired the node.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.