It's that time of year again! No, not the time of year when you start cooking. Or the time of year when you finally get around to mowing the lawn. No, it's the time of year when

THE IRON NODER CHALLENGE

starts, and a double handful of noders start slaving away at their keyboards, editing and bracketing and yelling until their fingers are blistered and bleeding (or just get really sore.)

What's THE IRON NODER CHALLENGE, you ask? Well, sweet lovely noder, let me tell you:

  • Write thirty (30) nodes in thirty (30) days.

Truly an admirable goal! Truly, these noders are the most ironic ironiest ironical impressive of all noders! Were this a contest held in Ancient Rome, the IRON NODERS would be led around the city to the victory cheers of the general populace! Were this the Olympics, there would be several investigations into rumors of performance-enhancing drug use by several competitors!

But all that stuff sucks. Here's what you get INSTEAD!

  • Every noder will receive 40 GP per writeup remaining at the end of the month.
  • Every noder who reaches IRON NODER status at the end of the month will receive an additional 2000 GP.

But those are just the official rewards! As a participant in IRON NODER, you can usually expect C!s and more as the attention of the site turns upon you. In fact, several noders (including tentative, NanceMuse, yours truly, and others?) have pledged to read and vote on every single node posted by an IRON NODER over the course of the month.

Are you ready, noders? Are you ready to feel the IRON NODER onslaught?

The Rules

  • THE IRON NODER CHALLENGE begins at 00:00 (server time) on November 1, 2010, and ends at 00:00 (server time) on December 1, 2010. Writeups submitted outside that timeframe will not be considered part of the quest.
  • You must submit 30 new writeups in 30 days. The IRON NODER IDEAL is 1 per day, but we must be flexible about that to allow for normal life circumstances, days away, illness, etc. Flooding New Writeups with 30 writeups in 1 day, while legal, would be frowned upon, and the E2 userbase would probably not react well.
  • Any topic, any form, anything goes.
  • There is no minimum or maximum length for writeups. They must simply survive. Nuked nodes will not count towards your total. For this reason, final rewards will not be dispensed until a couple of days after the 30 November deadline, to allow last-minute writeups to be voted on and pass muster with the editors.
  • You may count a maximum of 5 daylogs towards your total.
  • You may prepare material in advance. However if this stops you noding for, say, the entire month of October, this would go against the IRON NODER IDEAL. (It is generally encouraged to prep beforehand but wait until November to actually write anything.)
  • Yes, you can also do NaNoWriMo. Yes, this makes you completely insane. No, you can't have any more goodies for completing both.

B-B-B-BONUS ROUND

This year we're having a very special BONUS ROUND! If you're competing in IRON NODER and if one of your writeups is in this node:

You'll get a bonus of 100 GP and a personal message from yours truly letting you know just how special your bonus was!

If you would like to join or just pledge to read or C! some nodes, let me know via the usual channels, and I'll add you to the roster. There is nothing wrong with joining late or mid-quest; just don't forget to let me know!

We'll be utilizing the ironnoders usergroup for any major communications; if you're in the group now and are not on my confirmed IRON NODER list as of November 1st, you'll automatically be dropped from the group.

If you'd like to see more accurate updates than I have posted here, check out iron noder progress. (It even shows which ones you've voted on!)


The IRON NODING has ended!


IRON NODE(R)S

Number of participants:
38
Number of writeups:
627
Average number of writeups:
16.50
Number of IRON NODERS:
13

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.