Los Angeles based rock group which hit the scene in the late 1970's. Members were:

  • Doug Fieger-vocals/guitar-I read somewhere that he is the older brother of Jack Kevorkian's lunatic attorney and former Michigan gubernatorial candidate Geoffery Fieger but I can't confirm this.
  • Berton Averre-vocals/guitar
  • Prescott Niles-bass
  • Bruce Gary-drums

The Knack's first album, released on Capitol Records in 1979 was simply titled Get The Knack and drew some comparisons to Meet The Beatles both in terms of cover photography and catchy tunes. Unlike the Beatles however, The Knack used quite a bit of double entendre and outright sexual kinkyness in their lyrics particularly on their two hits off the album, the wildly successful My Sharona and the minor hit Good Girls Don't, the latter of which seems to have been completely disregarded by classic rock radio.

Unfortunately, by the time their second album But The Little Girls Understand was released The Knack had shown little if any creative growth and the band slowly disintegrated into the backgound. They enjoyed a brief respite when My Sharona was featured in the 1994 film Reality Bites. But they seem to have faded back into oblivion after that point in time.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.