The Beginner's Overview of The Tarot:

I. Introduction to the Tarot
II. The Major Arcana
III. The Minor Arcana
IV. How to Read Tarot Cards
V. Bonding with the Cards
VI. Tarot Spreads
VII. Tarot Reference Works

 

III. The Minor Arcana:

 

The Minor Arcana is made up of 56 cards, divided into 4 suits. The suits are generally the Swords, the Cups,
the Wands, and the Pentacles. Each suit has 14 cards which have their numbers written out on them instead of
using numbers or Roman numerals, most times on the bottom. The cards, in order, are Ace, One, Two, Three, Four,
Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Page, Knight, Queen, King. Different decks may use different titles for the highest four cards in the suits, as well as different names for the suits.

Cups: Cups are concerned with love and emotions. This suit speaks of relationships with other people and of the unconscious. Upright cards reveal that your feelings are extremely sensitive-easily aroused and easily hurt. Reversed cards warn against being too detached, cool, and callous.

Pentacles: Also known as the Coins or discs, Pentacle cards represent money matters. They speak of work, career, and everything material, real, and solid. When they fall upright, they tell you that you are in control. When reversed, they suggest confusion about material concerns and susceptibility to intimidation from those who hold power over you.

>Swords: Swords relate to intellectual pursuits, social interactions, and aggression. They can cut two ways. Sometimes they represent breakthoughs in communication; other times, breakdowns. When the cards are upright, you're likely to be victorious. When reversed, they indicate confusion and a need to look at things more objectively.

Wands: Also called Staffs or Staves. The realm of Wands is that of physical energy, growth, and personal enterprise. When these cards fall upright in a layout, you're in control. When reversed, someone else is in command of your situation.

 

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.