Chink chink chink chink…Chink Chink…

I rolled over and looked at the clock. Eight A.M. Settling back into my spot, I ran my hand over Jason’s bare stomach and made a small, amused sound that wasn’t quite a laugh. “You hear it?” I ask.

“Yeah. Go back to sleep, honey,” he replied, in a sleep laden voice.

The next time I woke up and looked at the clock it was eleven-thirty. I rolled over to find Jason awake as well. “I think I’m gonna get up,” I said as I stretched and yawned.

Chink chink chink chink…

“Alright. I’ll be up in a couple minutes,” he said, sitting up and petting Booker, the cat, at the end of the bed.

I sat up and grabbed the clothes that I worn the previous day, putting on bra, underwear, shirt and jeans with no particular care to my appearance. With one quick kiss to Jason, I got up, opened the door, and crossed the hallway to the bathroom. Taking no more time than was necessary, I popped in my contacts and washed my face, not caring to put on makeup. I was at home there.

Coming out of the bathroom, I saw Jason and Billy sitting in the living room, the former on the couch, waiting for me, and the latter in the purple chair by the computer.

Billy also had a mirror in his lap on top of a black book.

Chink chink chink…

Atop the mirror was a white, crystalline powder that was slowly and methodically chopped and separated with a new razor blade. Crystal meth. I stared at it for a few moments as I sat down next to Jason, thinking of the previous night. Billy had gotten some glass when Jason and I had gone to get some chronic. The night before I had become enchanted with it. At one point I had even told him to do it and put it away or let me try it. “You shouldn’t do this before you do blow,” he had said. I heeded his advice, he knew more about it than I did, and I trusted him. Not to mention Jason had backed him up on the notion, having tried it himself for the first time a couple of days prior.

“I waited all morning for you fucks to get up,” he said, in a mock-angry voice. “Do you have any idea how maddening this place is when you’re up all night, blasting away? I must’ve paced that kitchen hallway enough to leave a track in the floor. That asshole didn’t help any, either,” he adds, tilting his head towards Booker, who had moved to my feet for some attention. “He keeps staring at me, I think he wants something.”

He looked at me then, considering.

“Anyway,” he continued, “I’m feeling good today. Still going, you know? I’m feeling pretty generous too. I’ll let you try it and I’ll give him a line, if it’s alright with him, anyways,” he said, pointing to Jason with the razor blade.

“I don’t know man, that’s her choice. I don’t know if I really want any, though,” Jason said, in a rather indecisive tone.

“I do,” I said, in no uncertain manner. “But it’s up to him,” I added, not wanting to make Jason feel uncomfortable.

“Fuck it. Yeah, give us each a line. Don’t over load her though,” he said. I still imagine he did it for me, rather than himself. He did all he could to please me, whether I knew it at the time or not.

“Alright,” Billy said, beginning to divide it into rails. He turned his attention to me, and began to explain the normal operating procedure. “It’s gonna look like your line is a lot smaller than Jason’s or mine, but its what I had for my first time, and what he had for his. You’ll feel great for the next six or eight hours, that’s for sure. You shouldn’t have a come down, it’s just one line. You’ll probably go right back to feeling normal, although you might not feel tired or hungry for a day.” I nodded, taking in the information with a slightly nervous excitement.

“You’ve snorted pills before, right? Like vicodin?” Billy asked, setting the mirror down on the table between us all.

“Yeah,” I replied.

“Good, you’ll know what to do then. I’ll do mine first, then Jason, then you. It may burn like hellfire inferno for about thirty seconds, I usually tip my head back and let the drip come on as soon as possible. It’ll taste terrible, and nothing helps the taste much, honestly,” he said. “That’s all I can think to tell you. Lets go.”

And so it went. He did his, quick and neat, and so did Jason. They both tipped their heads back and rode the burn, but kept their eyes open to watch me. Mine went as smooth as the others. Billy made a comment on my ability, but I was too wrapped up in the sensation to care. At first it didn’t feel much different from normal. I put my shooter down and eased back into the couch, resting my hand on Jason’s leg. As soon as I did so, I had the urge to clench it, as a burning fire filled my right nostril. The pain was a sort of pleasure, almost erotic. As it eased up, I sat up to find them still watching me.

“Wow,” I said. “How long?”

“About ten or fifteen minutes, and you’ll be feeling the best you’ve felt in a long time. Before that will be the drip,” Billy said, getting up to put the glass and razor away in the closet, the remaining meth in a pile on the glass.

He was right. The drip was bitter, sliding down my throat and making me swallow compulsively. As it began to ease up, things began to quicken, come to life, it seemed. Everything sped up. Billy left soon after for work, and Jason and I had one of the most involved, spirited conversations we had ever had. I left about an hour later for work as well.

It became nearly erotic in my mind; the rush as it was snorted up and the burn. I was intelligent about it, from the first. It’ll fuck you up, glass, if you don’t pay attention to what your body tells you.

Listen to your body. It will tell you a great many important things.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.