The Agency And Public News Media
(From the NSA Handbook)

From time to time you may find that the agency is the topic of reports or articles appearing in public news media--newspapers, magazines, books, radio and TV. The NSA/CSS Information Policy Division (Q43) represents the Agency in matters involving the press and other media. This office serves at the Agency's official media center and is the Director's liaison office for public relations, both in the community and with other government agencies. The Information Policy Division must approve the release of all information for and about NSA, its mission, activities, and personnel. In order to protect the aspects of Agency operations, NSA personnel must refrain from either confirming or denying any information concerning the Agency or its activities which may appear in the public media. If you are asked about the activities of NSA, the best response is "no comment." You should the notify Q43 of the attempted inquiry. For the most part, public references to NSA are based upon educated guesses. The Agency does not normally make a practice of issuing public statements about its activities.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.