version 0.1.2

New Categories: Coding, HTML
Changed Categories: Node Code

Apologies to Robert Hayden

The node code consists of several categories. Each category is labeled with a letter and some qualifiers. Go through each category and determine which set of qualifiers best describes you in that category. By stringing all of these 'codes' together, you are able to construct your overall node code. It is this single line of code that will inform other noders the world over of what a great noder you actually are.

Some of the qualifiers will very probably not match with you exactly. It is impossible to cover all possibilities in each category. Simply choose that qualifier that most closely matches you. Also, some activities described in a specific qualifier you may not engage in, while you do engage in others. Each description of each qualifier describes the wide range of activities that apply, so as long as you match with one, you can probably use that qualifier.

After you have determined each of your qualifiers, you need to the construct your NODE CODE BLOCK. Instructions are provided on how to do this towards the end of this superdoc.

Also, pay particular attention to case-sensitivity, there can be a big difference between a 'd' and a 'D'.

Noders can seldom be strictly quantified. To facilitate the fact that within any one category the geek may not be able to determine a specific rating, variables have been designed to allow this range to be included.

@
For this variable, said trait is not very rigid, may change with time or with individual interaction.

()
For indicating ranges. Noders who go from n to n+++ depending on the situation (i.e. mostly "n+") could use n+(---). @ is different from () in that () has finite limits within the category, while @ ranges all over.

>
For wannabe ratings. Indicating that while the noder is currently at one rating, they are striving to reach another. For example, p+>++ indicates that the noder is currently a mentor, but hopes to someday be a content editor.

?
Unless stated otherwise within the specific category, the ? is placed after the category identifier and indicates that the noder has no knowledge about that specific category.

!
Placed BEFORE the category. Unless stated otherwise, indicates that the person refuses to participate in this category.

Types of Noders

NF Noder of facts
NFi Noder of fiction
NP Noder of poetry
ND Noder of daylogs
NC Noder of code
NT Noder of trolls
NCP Noder of cut and paste
NN Non-noder
NFN Noder for numbers
NAT Noder of all trades
NATE I am nate.

Level

l+++ I have never had a node deleted. Everything I write is immediately upvoted, Ching!ed, and editor cooled. My Message Inbox overflows with praise.
l++ Most of my writeups are Ching!ed.
l+ People seem to like what I write. Klaproth mostly comes only for nuke requests.
l Most of my nodes are in the positive range.
l- I don't quite get it. My sensitive and poetic thoughts about Natalie Portman keep getting deleted by evil editors.
l-- I have had my account deleted repeatedly.

XP

xp++ I am an XP whore.
xp+ Hey, why was my node downvoted?
xp XP isn't too important, but I still prefer upvotes to downvotes.
xp- I visit Punch Thyself frequently.
xp? XP is a silly number that means nothing. What's all the fuss about?
xp* I have opted out of the experience system.

Noding

n+++ I'll be the first to assimilate my brain into Everything. I carry a special noding interface with me wherever I go so I can always node.
n++ I compose nodes while I'm out in the real world, usually on a laptop or PDA.
n+ Sometimes I have node ideas when I'm in the real world. I write them down.
n I node when the idea strikes.
n- I don't node very often.
n-- Everything sucks, but I can't stay away.

Coding

C+++++ I am nate.
C++++ I have done major changes to the code directly. dbrown, N-Wing, wharfinger, and JayBonci are my peers.
C+++ I have done minor changes to the code directly.
C++ My changes to the code were implemented.
C+ I have suggested changes to the site code.
C I'm in edev
C- What's Perl?
C-- What's programming?
C--- I hate computers.

HTML

H+++ I am N-Wing.
H++ I've made my own theme. Make E2 standards-compliant! Make iCab smile!
H+ I'm comfortable with HTML. I mark-up my nodes by hand. I close my <p> tags.
H I learned everything I know about HTML from Everything2.
H- I rely on tools like the Text Formatter - not that there's anything wrong with that.
H-- Why doesn't E2 have auto-formatting like Slashdot?

Chatterbox

c+++ I won't shut up, no matter how much others would like it. Even repeated borgings won't stop me.
c++ I participate often. On occasion I have been told to move it to Political Asylum or the E2 Titty Bar.
c+ I talk sometimes, but use /msgs more often.
c I occasionally talk.
c- The chatterbox sucks. So does the Java Chatterbox.
c-- I have the chatterbox turned off so the page loads faster.

EDB

e+ I've never been borged.
e I've been borged once or twice, but I probably deserved it.
e- I've been borged several times.
e-- I am never unborged.

#everything

#+++ I'm an op. I am always on the channel, and I have logs of everything.
#++ I am usually on #everything. I participate a lot.
#+ I visit #everything frequently.
# I've been there once or twice.
#- #everything sucks. Get a life.

Daylogs

d+++ I love daylogs. I write one every day and update it several times a day.
d++ I frequently write daylogs.
d+ I write daylogs when something exciting happens, or I need to vent something.
d I've written a daylog or two.
d- I hate daylogs.
d-- I systematically downvote all daylogs.

D+++ I love to read daylogs. I read them all, every day.
D++ I like reading daylogs. I read most of them most of the time.
D+ I read the daylogs of some of my friends.
D I may read daylogs, if a noder I like has written one.
D- I don't read daylogs.
D-- Whine whine whine. Who cares?

The Power Structure of Everything 2

p+++++ I am nate or dem bones.
p++++ I am one of the most feared gods.
p+++ I am a god.
p++ I am a content editor.
p+ I mentor newer noders and /msg other noders with constructive criticism.
p I'm just a mortal.
p- I dislike most of the editors and gods.
p-- The gods and editors are evil oppressors.

Gatherings

g++++ I have hosted an e2 gathering
g+++ I have travelled across continents and/or oceans to go to noder gatherings.
g++ I have been to a few noder gatherings.
g+ I have been to a noder gathering.
g I've met other noders in person.
g- I haven't been to a gathering... yet.
g-- I would never meet another noder!

The Node Code

N+++ I am ailie or N-Wing.
N++ I created the Node Code, or would have, if ailie hadn't done it first.
N+ I can interpret the Node Code without having to refer to the superdoc.
N I did up this Node Code
N- ailie really needs to get a life.

How to Display Your Code

Now that you have your ratings for each of the above categories, it's time to assemble your code for displaying to the world. Take each category you determined and list them all together with one space between each one. If you run out space on one line, continue it on the next. When completed, it will look something like the following:

NF/Fi l+ xp* n+ C+++ H++ c+ e # d D p+++ g++ N++

If you are going to place your Node Code into your homenode, you should create your NODE CODE BLOCK. Your NODE CODE BLOCK will look like the following:

-----BEGIN NODE CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 0.1.2
NF/Fi l+ xp* n+ C+++ H++ c+ e # d D p+++ g++ N+++
------END NODE CODE BLOCK------