Hello, Glastonbury. This is one of the moments of my life, and it'll be one of yours, too.

With this, Damon Gough, aka Badly Drawn Boy, opens The Official Bootleg: Live @ Glastonbury. A special bonus disk that came packaged with Badly Drawn Boy's second LP, Have You Fed The Fish?. It is a recording of a performance at Glastonbury for BBC Radio 1. It was recorded on June 30, 2002. The set is simple and elegant, featuring just Badly Drawn Boy, a guitar, a piano, and his voice.

The track listing is an eclectic group, to say the least. Gough opens the CD with a tune he claims to have written just the weekend before, called Where Were You?, and which has yet to appear on any of his albums. From there, it moves into some of Gough's more popular tunes, including Something To Talk About, Once Around The Block, and You Were Right, along with a few more unreleased ditties. Along the way, Gough charms the audience with his banter and such quirks as adding a short parody of My Favorite Things in Once Around The Block, and messing up the whistling portion of You Were Right.

While not quite a full live album, this disc is a neat little collectible, and it is quite fun to hear some of my favorite songs stripped of a lot of the production which I am so familiar with.

Track Listing

  1. Where Were You?
  2. Something To Talk About
  3. A Minor Incident
  4. River, Sea, Ocean
  5. Sha La La
  6. Everybody's Stalking
  7. The Further I Slide
  8. Magic In The Air
  9. The Shining
  10. Once Around The Block
  11. Pissing In The Wind
  12. Shake The Rollercoaster
  13. Golden Days
  14. You Were Right
  15. What Is It Now?

All tracks written by Badly Drawn Boy. Produced by Sam Cunningham.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.