The second LP by DJ Shadow, released on June 4, 2002. While The Private Press might technically be considered the follow-up to 1996's Endtroducing…, Shadow has actually kept busy working on many other collaborative projects including, but not limited to UNKLE: Psyence Fiction, Bombay the Hard Way: Guns, Cars & Sitars, Brainfreeze and Product Placement as well as contributing to many of his Quannum labelmates’ projects.

2 months prior to its release, the album was already something of a controversial topic in many circles, thanks to advance copies of the album being put online the same day they were sent to DJs throughout Europe. There have been cries of derision from those who wanted be Endtroducing: Part 2 as well as those who wanted The Shadow to come back after 6 years and completely change the way the hip-hop game is played all over again. For every detractor, however, there seems to be a foaming-at-the-mouth fanatic coming to the album’s defense. Personally, I’m going to keep my mouth shut for the time being.

Here is the track listing for The Private Press (2002):

1. The Letter From Home (1:08)
2. Fixed Income (4:49)
3. Un Autre Introduction (0:44)
4. Walkie Talkie (2:27)
5. Giving Up the Ghost (6:30)
6. Six Days (5:02)
7. Mongrel… (2:20)
8. …Meets His Maker (3:02)
9. Right Thing/GDMFSOB (4:20)
10. Monosylabik (6:46)
11. Mashin’ on the Motorway (3:58)
12. Blood on the Motorway (9:12)
13. You Can’t Go Home Again (7:04)
14. The Letter From Home (0:54)

Included with the Special Edition CD are the original mix of Giving Up the Ghost (6:14) and a second CD with a live track entitled Pushin Buttons featuring Shadow, Cut Chemist and Numark.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.