Warning: Anyone caught hating on Purvis or QXZ will get their mouth blew out!


Hear Ye, E2ers!

You are cordially invited to attend a really friggin' awesome 'Detroit' party on Saturday, August 4th at QXZ and Purvis' apartment. Festivities are slated to begin at 9pm and last until the sun comes up over beautiful Lake St. Clair... err.. Prospect Park rather.

You also have the unique opportunity to meet the noders behind a good chunk of the leftist bibble-babble you come across in your node-surfing.

The theme of this shindig, as you may have gleaned, is everything Detroit. Join the young Michigan hoes sniffing glue in the Dairy Queen parking lot. Hang out with beer swilling auto workers and 'kick it' with the 'O-G' gangstas that make the 'Renaissance City' the murder capital of the world. Throw an octopus on the ice.

And especially - groove to the music of the Motor City, from The Supremes to Eminem, from The Knack to DJ Assault. Experience the thrill of crossing the border to Canada to stock up on cheap liquor.

Yes you can be part of the fun! People will be there in character appropriate for Detroit, and you should be too. Make a Grosse Pointe.

For your convenience, and because of our benevolence, a flyer which can be printed and cut out for quick reference is available below:

=========================================
"STRAIGHT UP DETROIT SHIT - VOLUME 1"
A Party
Saturday, August 4, 2001 9pm

QXZ and Purvis' names, address and phone number have been removed so all those scary internet people can't molest us

F Train to Fort Hamilton Pkwy.
Exit front of station
Turn left on Caton Ave. overpass
Jog a left-right then (crossing E. 8 St.) a right-left
Next to the deli with the pink awning

==========================================

Noders who will/might be in attendance (other than Purvis and QXZ) include, so far:
Walter
WickerNipple


Invitation composed by Purvis and noded by QXZ.

Well, it has come and gone, and unfortunately, the Faux-Detroit Brooklyn Bash didn't turn out as well as we would have liked. The attendance was less than stellar, with several prominent invitees absent (ahem!) and one person who promised to deliver 'like ten people dude' bringing only one - his little sister.

Those that were there, pansy pampered used to air conditioning types that they were, generally refused to hang out in the interior living room where the booze and music were concentrated, preferring instead the breezier yet decidedly more cramped and less social kitchen, and later, the utterly silent front porch. The playlist of Detroit music that Purvis put so much effort into went largely unappreciated, and QXZ's stroke of brilliance in following up Eminem's Guilty Conscience ending shot gun blasts with Shotgun went wholly unnoticed. There wasn't too much mingling between different groups, and very little debauchery save the spilling of some stinky malt liquor on Purvis' bedroom floor.

All in all, rather disappointing.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.