Where I went to school, the Red Star was much more than just a newspaper. For all males, it was a life-saver.

When freshmen are welcomed into the SAS community, they are all handed the student handbook. The corridor sits around in a faculty member's apartment, and go through the rules and regulations together. One section of the handbook is as follows:
"When students are in need of total privacy while studying or resting during a sick day, they may place a white sheet of paper on their door, to alert other students to not disturb them during this time of need...known as a 'White Flag'"
Needless to say, this was vehemently ignored. Most White Flags were written on, torn down, and barged in on.

And then came Ian.

Ian was a senior on my sophomore corridor. Like most teenage males in boarding schools, he was...well, sexually repressed. Like many of us, he enjoyed masturbation (let's be honest, who doesn't). However, he was tired of people barging in on him while going at it. Ian alerted the enitre corridor that, when they see a 'White Flag' with a big Red Star on it, it meant he was masturbating, and that anyone intruding would be in for a surprise.

For the first few times, nobody payed any respect to the Red Star. However, when an innocent troublemaker sophomore opened the Red Star marked door to Ian's room, he was shocked to find him pants-down, lying on his bed, violently jacking off. And this little sophomore cried and ran away, alerting his friends that, yes, the Red Star really did mean the resident of the room was taking the self-serve route.

SO, from then on, the Red Star was respected to mean that the owner was going about their naughty business, and was far more respected than the original 'White Flag'. Rumor has it that a few females adopted the Red Star as well, but that was only left up to the imaginations of we sophomore boys.

The Red Star

The Red Star is a comic that skillfully blends sci-fi and fantasy together. It was created by Team Red Star which is headed by Christian Gosset The comic is published by Image Comics, which is known for other comics such as Battle Chasers, The Darkness, Rising Stars, and Spawn under different subsidiaries.

The following is a description of the comic taken from the Trade Paper Back:

Over the course of several generations, the once mighty empire known as The United Republics of The Red Star (U.R.R.S) slaughtered millions of its own people by the order of a single man. This man was their leader, Imbohl; a mighty sorcerer whose insanity turned his people's Utopian dreams into a nightmarish scheme driven by the desire to forge his own immortality.

Haunted by the ghosts of their nation's tragic past, the Heroes of the Red Star, at the battle of Kar Dathra's Gate, discover the true nature of their people's struggle, abandon their duties as soldiers of the Red Fleet, and embark upon a quest to liberate their people from Imbohl's dark legacy.

The Red Star is an epic mythology, the settings and mode of dress that the characters employ much resemble that of the Soviet Union. It is a romantic saga that contains brotherhood, valor, loss and faith. It is never short of action and the characters are ones that we can identify with.

The Art of the Red Star is rendered by the same 3D modeling technology used by today's best selling video games and animated features, while at the same time bringing with it a dawn of a new era in comic books and visual storytelling.

The first part of The Red Star consists of four books titled The Battle of Kar Dathra's Gate that introduces the readers to Maya Antares, Marcus Antares, The Red Woman, Troika, Warkaster, and the dreaded Skyfurnaces.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.