The Scooby Doo Show premiered on the ABC network in the United States in September 1976 as part of the Scooby-Doo-Dynomutt Hour, an animated cartoon series, in which new episodes of Scooby Doo shared an hour of airtime with a superhero dog called Dynomutt.

The Scooby Doo Show was a revamp of the original CBS network's Scooby Doo, Where Are You?. It found a second home in September 1977 as part of ABC's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics which pitted teams lead by Scooby Doo, Yogi Bear, and Dick Dastardly in a range of improbable sporting events.

The show's final episodes aired as a program in it's own right in December 1978.

Scooby Doo's next appearance was in the new series Scooby and Scrappy-Doo, in 1979.

Interestingly, the internationally syndicated DJ Casey Kasem provided the voice for Scooby's best friend Shaggy. This was one of the first instances of using a celebrity voice as a principal character. The preceeding series The New Scooby Doo Movies made broad use of celebrity guest star voices, later to play a huge part in the popularity of animated series such as The Simpsons.

The cast of voice actors in The Scooby Doo Show was:

Don Messick as our hero Scooby Doo
Casey Kasem as Norville "Shaggy" Rogers
Heather North as Daphne
Frank Welker as Freddy
Maria Frumpkin as Velma Dinkley (the first)
Nicholle Jaffe as Velma Dinkley (the second)

Research sources include Hanna-Barbera & TV Tome

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.