This is a song by Ween, from the album The Pod.

Well, a song, to use the term loosely.

This is basically a continuation of "The Stallion (pt. 1)" from earlier on this album. It sounds the same except it has that interesting bit where the guitarist (Deaner) comes in and starts claiming to also be the stallion. It is all hollered in a melodramatic voice with frightening guitar riff behind it all.

The lyrics are more of the same, like the aforementioned prequel. Some gems:

Hair-throng goo-tongue, stallion mang.
A 2 S-T-A-L-L-I-O-N
I am the stallion, mang.

1: I can drink
2: I get groomed
3: I go for a walk
I am the stallion, mang.
You know that I am the stallion, mang.

There is the aforementioned bit when the guitarist speaks; first he is encouraged to do so by Gener.

Deaner! Deaner! Dude!
Where can you be?
Come hither.

Deaner then comes on and says "What's goin' on?" and Gene asks him who he is. He hesitantly admits, "I am . . . I am the stallion."

Just when you think the song has ended . . . suddenly, there is more! After a long silence, the speakers again erupt.

Whenever forth to come hither, when I can see the wind,
I shall too ride upon the stallion.
I shall too lick the palm of the stallion,
Whilst I drink the hair from the stallion, mang.
I am the stallion.

That last section is unaccompanied. The first time my friend heard it, she hadn't known it was coming even though she'd listened to the tape several times, she just always turned it off before this point, and she thought her speakers were possessed. It really is that scary. Nice ending.

This song is © 1991 by Ween, Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp/Ver Music/Browndog Music/BMI.

The Pod

Check out Ween's next album: Pure Guava
CST Approved

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.