A movie which acts simply as a long episode of the TV show The X-files.
The movie, which came after the fith season, is a momentous event in the show and for fans, including myself.
Mulder and Scully investigate a mysteroius bombing which leads them to evidence of extraterrestrial life and a conspiracy to coverup.

I was going to put the script up on Everything but it seems people didn't like the idea (thanks for voting me down). So, here are the important quotes from the movie!

Mulder (in cellphone) -- "What's wrong, Scully?"
Scully -- "I've just climbed twelve floors. I'm hot and thirsty and I'm wondering, to be honest, what I'm doing here".
Mulder (in cellphone) -- "You're looking for a bomb."

Mulder -- "The element of surprise, Scully. Random acts of unpredictability. If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced... What are we doing up here? It's hotter than hell."

Scully -- "Mulder! Get in the car! There's no time!"

Scully -- "They're not doing this, Mulder. I left behind a career in medicine because I thought I might make a difference at the FBI. When they recruited me they told me women made up nine percent of the bureau. I felt this was not an impediment, but an opportunity to distinguish myself. But it hasn't turned out that way. And now, if I were to be transferred to Omaha, or Wichita or some field office where I'm sure I could rise, it just doesn't hold the interest for me it once did. Not after what I've seen and done."
Mulder -- "You're...quitting?"
Scully -- "There's really no reason left for me to stay anymore. Maybe you should ask yourself if your heart's still in it, too."

Mulder (In a bar talking to the barmaid, has had too much to drink) -- "What do I do... I'm a key figure in an ongoing government charade. An annoyance to my superiors. A joke among my peers. "Spooky," they call me. Spooky Mulder. Whose sister was abducted by aliens when he was a kid. Who now chases little green men with a badge and a gun, shouting to the heavens and anyone who'll listen that the fix is in. That our government's hip to the truth and a part of the conspiracy. That the sky is falling and when it hits it's gonna be the shitstorm of all time."
Barmaid -- "I think that about does it, Spooky."

Scully-- "I don't know what killed this man. I'm not sure if anybody else could claim to either."

Kurtzweil -- "The plague to end all plagues, Agent Mulder. A silent weapon for a quiet war. The systematic release of an indiscriminate organism for which the men who will bring it on still have no cure. They've been working on this for fifty years. While the rest of the world was fighting gooks and commies these men have been secretly negotiating a planned Armageddon."

Scully --"This is weird, Mulder."
Mulder --"Very weird."

Scully -- "Why was I assigned to you? To debunk your work. To reign you in. To shut you down."
Mulder -- "You saved me, Scully. As different and frustrating as it's been sometimes, your goddamn strict rationalism and science have saved me a thousand times; have kept me honest and made me whole. I owe you so much, Scully, and you owe me nothing. I don't want to do this without you. I don't know if I can. If I quit now, they win."

Well-Manicured Man -- "Your father arranged for your sister's abduction. He allowed her to be taken to an alien hybrid program, so that she would survive. As a clone. He had different hopes for you. That you would uncover the truth about the Project. That you would stop it. That you would fight the future."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.