Well, since there was a link to it and no one has yet noded it, I figure someone has to. This was my favorite joke as a child and every time my Cub Scout troop had a joke-telling session, I would bring this one up:

A man is driving along a country road when he sees an odd sight by the side of the road- a pig with one wooden leg. So he pulls over and finds the house of the farm where he saw the pig. He pokes around until he finds the farmer and asks him what's up with the peg-legged pig.

"Oh, that!" He says. "Oh, well, about six years ago my son was playing down by the stream when he slipped on the rocks and was pulled in. He was young then and couldn't swim, so he started to go down fast. But that pig jumped in the water, dog-paddled over to my boy, grabbed his collar in his mouth, pulled him to shore, and, what's more, he gave my boy CPR! Saved his life, that pig did!"

"Wow! That's amazing!" Said the man. "Fantastic. But how did the pig get the wooden leg?"

"Well, about a year after my boy fell in the river, my wife was working out in the barn when some old rags caught fire. With all that hay in there, the building was all aflame in just a few seconds, and with my wife inside. That pig ran into the barn, found my wife, dragged her outside, and even put out the flames that had caught on her skirt!"

The man gaped in amazement. "I can hardly believe it! Amazing! But... what about the leg?"

"About two years back, my daughter was over at the well there getting water when a brick gave and she fell in. I guess that pig heard her screaming because he ran over to the well, pushed a bucket into place, got up on it, and turned the winch himself, raising my daughter out of the well and saving her life!"

"Wow," said the man, who was by this point getting tired of amazing pig stories, "but, um, what about the leg?"

"Well," said the farmer, "with a pig like that you don't eat it all at once."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.