Those are all fine and dandy, but if you want one that works listen really close...



Honey you look prettier than a new set of snow tires.



Seriously, try "Hi my name is ______. May I join you?" Of course using this "line", might actually get you into a conversation. Heaven forbid that happen! And this line will work just as well for women as men. Girls give it a try sometime.

My personal favourite isn't realy a line, but an action: Take a small business card sized card; and write on it:

"Smile if you want to go out with me."
...and give them a few seconds

You'd be surprised how many smile; chicks dig guys with a sense of humour. I think

The one that always worked for me was: "Do you want to dance?" Of course, this presupposes that you already know how to yourself, and that you're at least as good a dancer as she is.

Actually, I always preferred the dance to the pick-up. A good dance is basically a three-minute date, which you have the option to continue, abort, or pursue for the rest of the night.

Let me let you in on a little secret:

It's not the pick-up line that counts, it is you!

If you are (or appear to be) honest, sincere and nice, then "Hi, my name is _____" works great. Of course, don't be overly nice and open (very often, the mistake that I make); you want the lady to experience the joy of discovering you, so don't serve everything on a plate and expect her to eat.

If, on the contrary, you don't have what it takes, then reciting romantic poetry or saying "Nice shoes, wanna fuck?" will both make you look like a dork.

It's very simple:

If you are a guy, trying to pick up a girl, there are no pick up lines that work.
If you are a girl trying to pick up a guy, any line will work.

Life can be so cruel.....

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.