Just for reference...

This is a quote from the film "Stand By Me". Teddy Duchamp (Corey Feldman) gets called a four-eyed pile of shit. He responds with "The pile of shit has a thousand eyes." And no one has a clue what he's talking about...

With apologies to Stephen King and Gary Gygax...

Large Ooze
Hit Dice: 10d10+60 (115 hp)
Initiative: -4
Speed: 20 ft.
Armor Class: 5
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+17
Attack: Slam +13 melee (1d8+7 plus 1d4 acid plus slimy doom) or Filth Spray +3 ranged touch (1d4 acid plus slimy doom plus blindness)
Full Attack: Slam +13 melee (1d8+7 plus 1d4 acid plus slimy doom) or Filth Spray +3 ranged touch (1d4 acid plus slimy doom plus blindness)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Stench, Disease, Improved Grab, Constrict (1d8+7 plus 1d4 acid plus slimy doom), Lingering Stink, Filth Spray
Special Qualities: Fire Resistance 15, Lightning Immunity, Immune to Slashing/Piercing Weapons, See Invisibility, Insect Swarm, All-Around Vision, Amorphous
Saves: Fortitude +9, Reflex -1, Will -1
Abilities: Strength 24, Dexterity 2, Constitution 22, Intelligence --, Wisdom 1, Charisma 1
Skills: +15 Spot
Feats: --
Environment Underground
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 10
Treasure: 1/10th coins, 50% goods (no nonmetal or nonstone), 50% items (no nonmetal or nonstone)
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 11-18 HD (Large); 19-25 HD (Huge)

This huge, amorphous blob reeks of the most foul waste imaginable. Hundreds of filth-streaked eyes continually rise and sink from the surface, looking in all directions at once.

The Pile of Shit With a Thousand Eyes is easily one of the most disgusting creatures ever to inhabit any realm. To describe this creature as a 10 foot high, 1000 pound pile of dung would be considered by most who have encountered one to be a pitifully laughable understatement.

"The Dungheap", as adventurers like to call it, is a conglomaration of the most rank sewage, the most foul offal, and the most infectious biological waste imaginable. The stench from this creature, it is said, could fell a stone giant at sixty paces, and the diseases are said to be able to leave even a God bedridden. Most who survive an encounter with this foul creature are left soiled for life. They are generally encountered in sewers, especially those that are used in part to dispose of the chemicals and brews from a wizard's alchemy lab, although they can survive in any fairly moist underground environment.

Combat

The Dungheap attacks by forming pseudopods of filth with which to strike its opponents. The creature immediately wades into the thick of any melee, seeking to incapacitate as many opponents as possible with its stench and insect swarm. It is a notoriously aggressive predator.

  • Stench (Ex): The stench of waste and sewage surrounding these creatures is so powerful that it can overwhelm even the hardiest of adventurers. All living beings within 20 feet must succeed on a DC 18 fortitude save, or become nauseated for 1d4 minutes. Once creatures have saved or gotten over the nausea, they cannot be affected by the same Dungheap's stench for 24 hours.
  • Disease (Ex): Any creature struck by this creature's slam or constrict attack must succeed on a DC 14 fortitude save or be inflicted with slimy doom. (1d4 constitution damage, 1 day incubation. If character takes damage from this disease, they must immediately make another saving throw or one point of the constitution drain is permanant.)
  • Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, the Dungheap must hit with its slam attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict.
  • Constrict (Ex): A Dungheap deals automatic slam damage and acid damage with a successful grapple check. The opponent takes a -4 penalty on the constitution check to avoid being infected with slimy doom.
  • Lingering Stink (Ex): Any character struck by this creature must make a DC 14 reflex save, or become infused with the creatures stench. This stench causes the character to take a -4 penalty on all charisma checks made to influence others. This may be cured by a remove curse, limited wish, wish or miracle spell.
  • Filth Spray (Ex): The Dungheap may spray a burst of burning, filthy goo as a standard action. A creature struck by this spray must make a DC 15 fortitude save or become blinded for 1d4 rounds, and must also make a DC 14 fortitude save to avoid being infected with slimy doom.
  • See Invisibility (Su): This creature's multitude of magically keen eyes allow it to detect minor fluctuations in the environment, easily allowing it to locate invisible creatures.
  • Insect Swarm (Ex): The Dungheap is constantly surrounded by a swarm of biting, stinging insects. Any creature within 20 feet of the creature takes 1d3 damage per round, and must succeed at a DC 20 concentration check to cast spells.
  • All-Around Vision (Ex): This creature's multitude of eyes makes it impossible to flank. It is also not subject to the usual +4 bonus for attacks from the rear.
  • Amorphous (Ex): The Dungheap is not subject to critical hits, sneak attacks, or death from massive damage.

Open Game License Version 1.0a
This original creature writeup is distributed under the Open Gaming License. A copy of this license may be found here.
Open Game License v 1.0 Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
d20 System rules and Content Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.; authors Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, and Skip Williams, based on original material by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.
Material from Myrkabah, Copyright 2004. All rights reserved.
Note: The entirety of this writeup is open gaming content.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.