I think it's only fitting to pause and reflect on what I am thankful for today in my life. Since the partial quote of the title doesn't do justice to the Muppets movie nor make much sense taken out of context from the well known story of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, I'm including its entirety as a point of reference.


"Because," said Scrooge, "a little thing affects them. A slight disorder of the stomach makes them cheats. You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!"


In no particular order, as I'm thankful for it all:


You, you reading this as well as those in my life who never read my writing, even you who dislike my writing. I'm thankful for you.


A little thing, a little thing that shines kindness, concern, compassion or generosity, unasked for. I'm thankful for a little thing.


Because, because life can be so unpredictable, so catastrophic, so devastating, so delightful and grand. I'm thankful because.


Potato, potato whether sweet or white or Yukon Gold, there are times when eating a potato with butter and salt is the perfect thing to be doing. I'm thankful for potato.


Beef, beef I could live without and have, but now and then there's nothing like a simple steak. I'm thankful for beef.


Whatever you are, whatever you are, have done, haven't done, will do, are doing, will become, is a joy to behold. I'm thankful forever whatever you are.


More, more love, less hate, more happiness, less sorrow, more days where we wake up eager and willing to live our best. I'm thankful for more.


Cheese, cheese of every variety under the sun and moon made of cheese, with slices of crisp apples, a snack late afternoon with a cup of tea, a daily time of refreshment before evening. I'm thankful for cheese.


Fragment, fragment of feelings, friendship, ideas and conversations in person or across the oceans. My days are filled with fragments. I'm thankful for fragments.


Gravy, gravy of the brown drippy sloppy variety I have never loved however, speaking metaphorically as in the rest is gravy, I have said this but prefer icing on the cake. I'm thankful for gravy.

IN

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.