A San Francisco-based accordion band that flies in the face of the bourgeois notion that accordions cannot be cool. Their music is a blend of rock/pop covers ("Stairway to Heaven", "The Devil Went Down to Georgia") and parodies (Grand Funk Railroad's "We're An American Band" becomes "We're An Accordion Band"), jaw-dropping wonders like "Also Sprach Zarathustra" and original songs ranging in subject from Mothra to hippies to backyard barbeques to Perry Mason.

Albums include:

Clownhead (1999)
"They Came For Accordions", "Hippie With A Banjo", "Wall Of Gum", "Kick My Butt", "I Think About Stuff", "Clownhead", "Dude", "Mucho De Nada", "First Bratwurst Of Summer", "Lapis Lazuli", "Love And Lies", "Low Rider", "Uncontrollable Urge"

No Strings Attached (1996)
"Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?", "Baba O'Riley", "Citizen Contraire", "Hamsterman", "Behind the Bellows", "Them Hippies Was Right", "Ramune", "Hotsy Totsy Girl", "Mothra", "Deathbed Confession", "Following the Puppets", "Mambo Triste", "Paco's Dream", "The Happy House" Squeeze This! (1994)
"The Story of Lawrence Welk", "Trouble In The Love Bubble", "Yoo Hoo Polka", "Grodno in the Moonlight", "Miner's Polka", "Autumn in Vilnius", "Boy Crazy", "We're An Accordion Band", "Viva Seguin", "The Devil Went Down to Georgia", "Sing, Sing, Sing (With A Swing)", "Pump It Up", "Fire" Vongole Fisarmonica (1992)
"Also Sprach Zarathustra", "Viva Las Vegas", "Stairway to Heaven", "Walk Don't Run", "The Beer Barrel Polka", "Too Smart Polka", "It's Now Or Never", "Duck Dance", "It's Not Unusual", "Perry Mason Theme"

Those Darn Accordions! have performed with Penn and Teller, "Weird Al" Yankovic, and Drew Carey. They've been seen at South by Southwest, on MTV's "Oddville", and on Wild Chicago.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.