Thousand Oaks is a city with a population of approximately 120,000 people (as of the year 2000). It is about 40 miles west of Los Angeles, and is just outside of Los Angeles County in Ventura County in the state of California.

It's usually rather sunny, and doesn't have a lot of rain. And is considered a fairly safe community. It boasts of having one of the lowest crime rates in the country for a city its size (sometimes it ranks 1st or 2nd as the safest city with more than 100,000 people).

Due to its safety, and the high quality of its school district, it is a fairly good place to raise children. But it is also a very boring place to grow up in once you reach adolescence. And it's a dismal place to visit during the summer when you're on vacation from college.

Some of its buildings are famous. The old city hall consisted of a pair of white, trapezoidal shaped buildings that sat on a hill looking like bunkers from the video game Delta Force. The old television series "Airwolf" used the building as the supposed headquarters of "The Firm." And GTE has a facility which also looks very futuristic, and was used in later seasons of "Airwolf" as the headquarters for a secret intelligence agency.

In addition to its buildings, there are a couple other areas of note in this city.

One valley, called Hidden Valley, is lined by a long, white fence. And ranches with large, green fields are in the fenced in areas. With the Oak tree covered hillsides just beyond these fields, it is a very beautiful and secluded little stretch of road that runs through this valley. It's quite often used as a set in movies, television shows, and TV commercials since it's so close to Hollywood and so secluded. Plus, it just looks really cool.

At one end of Hidden Valley is an area called Lake Sherwood. And the Oak trees around the lake are called Sherwood Forest. They are so named because this area was used to film Errol Flynn playing Robin Hood.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.