Tiffany is the stage name of a 80's pop star, who did too many remakes. She hit Billboard at number 1, with a remake of "I Think We're Alone Now". She also did a version of The Beatles "I Saw Her Standing There, but changed it to "Him". She was the queen of mall concerts, and the rival of Debbie Gibson. She was the bad girl. She let unknown bands like New Kids on the Block open for her. She is also who we have to blame/thank for acts like Britney Spears.

BUT....

her new album kicks ass... Color of Silence was released in October of 2000. It's good. Maybe not groundbreaking, but in a raw female pop type of way (along the lines of Alanis Morissette or Liz Phair), it's good. It's not as angst ridden as Jagged Little Pill, or as stark and raw as Exile in Guyville, but it's not trying to be. It's just what it is, and it works pretty well.

So hey, if you like that sort of thing, give Tiffany a second chance. This ain't the teen pop mall queen you knew from your childhood.

Disrobed for the April 2002 issue of Playboy Magazine in an attempt to reshape her image into something other than a perpetual 14-year old, and to boost sales of her album The Color of Silence. Cover and 10-page pictorial, no centerfold.

Tiffany was 30 years old at the time, a recent divorcee and a mother of an 8-year old boy. She has had breast augmentation surgery prior to the shoot, but allegedly only to return them to their pre-childbirth state.

Tif"fa*ny (?), n. [OE. tiffenay; cf. OF. tiffe ornament, tiffer to adjust, adorn. See Tiff to dress.]

A species of gause, or very silk.

The smoke of sulphur . . . is commonly used by women to whiten tiffanies. Sir T. Browne.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.