A fun game for the Sega Genesis, you played Todd as he attempts to escape from Slime World, which he has crashed on. Shit-ass plot, spectacky-lur gameplay. You could even get two people to duke it out with jetpacks and slimeguns, or if you didn't like that, co-op play, logic play, et cetera...

P.S. This is the only game I know that features music by...

Bugsuk!

I've never played the Sega Genesis version of this game, but the Atari Lynx version is super-rad. It features kool graphics and some really fun gameplay options. But, the most amazing part of this game is the up to 8-player co-operative play option. Unfortunately, it's very hard to find 8 people with a working Atari Lynx and a copy of the cart.

Released in 1990, Todd's Adventures in Slime World is yet another example of an Epyx masterpiece.

Story:
The adventurer, Todd, finds a world made entirely of slime and goo and decides to explore. Slime is hazardous to Todd's health but, fortunately, there are lots of water pools where he can wash and special items that can help him out.

Game Options:
Adventure #1: Easy - They say that this part of Slime World is easier than others, but it is still dangerous! Find the exit!

Adventure #2: Exploration - The ship was destroyed in orbit! A rescue ship has been called, but you have to get to it first! (This level is HUGE.)

Adventure #3: Action - The ship was destroyed in orbit over the worst part of Slime World! You must find the rescue ship!

Adventure #4: Suspense - Slime World is about to melt! Find mushrooms to delay meltdown by 1 minute! Find the exit.

Adventure #5: Logic - Your ship has been damaged, and your gun is useless! You have only your wits to save you from certain doom! The tools, monsters, etc. are restored after you die.

Adventure #6: Arcade - There are no restarts in this adventure, so just get as far as you can!

Types of Slime:
Normal Slime (green)
Slippery Slime - Walk on this and you slide. You can't climb it.
Sticky Slime (brown) - Walk on this and you slow down. You can't jump off it.
Bouncy Slime (red) - Jump on it and you bounce.

Items:
Gun Powerup - Makes your gun shoot triple shots for a while.
Slime Bait - Attracts monsters.
Slime Shield - Protects you from being slimed for a while.
Mega Bomb - Destroys everything in a room, including water pools and gems.
Cleanser - Changes a slime pool into a water pool.
Jet Pack - Allows you to fly. If you fly into a pool it explodes like a mega bomb. Be careful!
Slime Gun - Makes your gun shoot slime for a while, or until you wash. (only in ComLynx mode)
Computer Map - Displays all explored rooms.
Pop! - Self destruct mechanism if you get stuck.
Slime Gem (blue) - Worth lots of points and cleans you up a little.
Super Slime Gem (red) - Worth huge points, cleans you up, starts a slime shield and powers up your gun.
Mushroom - Reestablishes Slime World to keep it from melting. (only in Suspense option)
Boogers - Shower from monsters when they explode. They stick when they hit you and can be washed off with water.
Red Boogers - Kill you even if you have your shield on. Happen when blood-flies die or when you shoot a super slime gem.
Drips - Drip from ceiling. They sting but don't stick.

Monsters:
Snapper
Hidden Snapper
Octospid
Redeyes
Maggots
Drools
Flyhead
Groach
Spitter
Tapeworm
Scab
Blood-fly
Zit
Mildew
Headsucker
Blob
Cyclops
Geyser
Blood-groach

Graphics:
Todd checking computer map:
MMMM88MMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMM  MMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMM88MMMMMMMMGGGGGGGG;;;;;;GGMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMM88MM88MMMMGGGGMMMMMM;;;;MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MM;;MMMM  ;;MMGG;;;;GG;;MMMM88MMMMMMMMMMMM
;;888888;;MM8888;;;;;;;;MM;;MMMMMMMMMMGGMM
MM;;;;MM  ;;MM888888;;;;;;;;MMMMMMMMMM  MM
MM88;;;;;;88MMMM888888;;;;MMMMMMMMMMMM  MM
88;;      ;;MM;;;;;;MMMM88MMMMMMMMMMMM  MM
MM88;;;;8888MMMM;;;;MMMM88MMMMMMMMMMMM  MM
88;;    ;;MMMM;;888888MM8888MMMMMMMM;;;;
88;;    88MMMM;;8888888888;;MMMM;;;;    88
MM8888;;88MMMM88888888888888;;;;    8888MM
MMMM8888MMMM;;8888;;;;;;;;;;  ;;;;88MMMMMM
MMMMMM;;MMMM;;8888888888;;;;;;;;;;MMMMMMMM
MMMMMM;;MMMM;;888888888888MM;;;;MMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMM;;MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMM;;MMMM88MM88MMMM;;MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMM;;MM888888;;8888;;MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMM;;8888888888;;MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMM;;8888888888;;MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMM;;888888;;MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMM88;;;;;;MMMM88MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMM88888888MMMM8888MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMM;;888888MMMM888888MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMM;;88888888MMMMMM8888MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMM;;88888888MMMMMMMM8888MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MM88@@&&@@&&88MMMMMMMMMM88MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
@@&&&&&&&&&&&&@@888888MM88MMMMMMMMMM8888@@
&&&&&&@@&&&&&&&&@@@@@@8888@@&&@@8888@@@@&&

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.