This is a playstation game. Tony Hawk, along with Bob Burnquist, Geoff Rowley, Chad Muska, Ellisa Steamer, Kareem Campbell, Andy Reynolds, and Rune Glifberg get down in all due style on a series of tracks, including a warehouse, a mall, and a few skateparks, like Burnside. There's also a version out for the Dreamcast, but I don't think that it's bails are as gory, if my sources serve me correctly. That, and tricks are easier to land on the DC.

This game has been an amazing source of amusment to my friends and I, as we've played horse for hours on end. Well, usually we play to stepchild or fuckstick, but that's beside the point. In this game, you play horse by having one player skate from a point in a given course, he has 10 seconds to get into a move combination and bust out as much trick action as possible. Then, the other player has to try to top that. This is incredibly dynamic as we'd get into matches of trying to just barely beat each other's score, so as not to screw up the tricks, which can really put you on the edge of your seat. Other times, and sometimes by accident, somebody would kick it with an incredibly high point trick, at which point everybody in the room put their heads in their hands, or high fived the guy with the controller, or just stared blankly at the screen and repeated the mantra, "Holy Shit..." over and over again.

There's a sequel to this game, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 that I haven't had a chance to really play yet, but I'd better, otherwise I'll feel like a total waste of skateboarding energy.

Codes for Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Unless otherwise specified, all codes are entered at the pause screen. At any time while playing, pause the game and then enter the code. In most cases, the screen will shake to indicate the code has been entered correctly.

Playstation Codes

Slow Motion Mode: Hold L1 and press Square, Left, Up, Square, Left.
Stats to 10: Hold L1 and press Square, Triangle, Up, Down.
Stats to 13: Hold L1 and press X, Square, Square, Triangle, Up, Down. (Ten is the normal maximum for stats.)
Special Meter Always Full: Hold L1 and press X, Triangle, Circle, Down, Up, Right.
Skip to Restart: Hold L1 and press Square, Circle, X, Up, Down. (This allows you to start from different locations in each stage.)
Unlock All Levels: Hold L1 and press Triangle, Right, Up, Square, Triangle, Left, Up, Square, Triangle. (The levels will still appear unavailable but they can be selected anyway.)
Unlock Everything: Hold L1 and press Circle, Right, Up, Down, Circle, Right, Up, Square, Triangle.
Officer Dick: Obtain all 30 tapes in career mode with any character.
Private Carerra: Start a game in any mode using Officer Dick, then press pause. Hold L1 and press Triangle, Up, Triangle, Up, Circle, Up, Left, Triangle. The screen will not shake. Quit the game - it may freeze if you try to keep playing - and begin a new one. Private Carerra will replace Officer Dick.

Nintendo 64 Codes

Points Multiplied by Ten: Hold L and press Down, Right, Up, Right, Up, Left, C-Left.
Perfect Balance: Hold L and press C-Up, C-Right, Left, C-Right, Right, Up, Down.
Stats to 10: Hold L and press C-Left, C-Up, Up, Down.
Stats to 13: Hold L and press C-Down, C-Left, C-Left, C-Up, Up, Down.
Faster Grab Tricks: Hold L and press C-Up, Left, D-Down, C-Down, Up, Down, Right.
Slow Motion Mode: Hold L and press C-Left, Left, Up, C-Left, Left.
Turbo Mode: Hold L and press Right, Up, Down, Down, Up, Down.
Skip to Restart: Hold L and press C-Left, C-Right, C-Down, Up, Down.
Earn all Tapes: Hold L and press C-Right, Left, Up, C-Up, C-Up, Right, Down, Up.
Bonus Picture: Hold L and press C-Left, C-Down, C-Right, C-Left, C-Down, C-Right, C-Right. (A picture of a woman appears on the pause screen; she is believed to be Tony Hawk's wife Erin.)
Officer Dick: Obtain all 30 tapes in career mode with any character.
Private Carerra: Start a game in any mode using Officer Dick, then press pause. Hold L and press C-Up, Up, C-Up, Up, C-Right, Up, Left, C-Up. The screen will not shake. Quit the game - it may freeze if you try to keep playing - and begin a new one. Private Carerra will replace Officer Dick.

Dreamcast Codes

Slow Motion Mode: Hold L and press X, Left, Up, X, Left.
Special Meter Always Full: Hold L and press A, Y, B, Down, Up, Right.
Stats to 10: Hold L and press X, Y, Up, Down.
Skip to Restart: Hold L and press X, B, A, Up, Down.
Unlock All Levels: Hold L and press Y, Right, Up, X, Y, Left, Up, X, Y.
Unlock Everything: Hold L and press B, Right, Up, Down, B, Right, Up, X, Y.
Officer Dick: Obtain all 30 tapes in career mode with any character.
Private Carerra: Start a game in any mode using Officer Dick, then press pause. Hold L and press Y, Up, Y, Up, B, Up, Left, Y. The screen will not shake. Quit the game - it may freeze if you try to keep playing - and begin a new one. Private Carerra will replace Officer Dick.

Gameshark Codes

There are a lot of Gameshark codes for all four platforms. To keep this reasonable, I'm only including some of the more unusual ones. If you must have all of the codes for all of the characters for all of the platforms, consult the sources section below.

Big Head Mode
PSX: 800D1724 0001
DC: 1E841689 00000001
Ether Mode
PSX: 800D1722 0001
DC: 1D7C1689 00000001
Infinite Time
PSX: 80025556 2400
Paper Thin Skaters
PSX: 8008B6A2 2400
Skate Upside Down
PSX: 80085182 2400
Trick Tips Modifier
N64: 8029E293 00??
Score Display Modifier
N64: 8029E292 00??
Infinite Time on Halfpipe
GBC: 0104D6C4
Infinite Powerups
GBC: 012C84C5
Infinite Speed Coins
GBC: 0109D6C4
Faster Turbo Boosts
GBC: 01103EC3

Sources

http://www.planettonyhawk.com/codes/thps/
http://www.planettonyhawk.com/gscodes/thps/

I hope nobody minds that I consolidated these. Just wanted to tidy things up a bit, and to add the information for alternate platforms and Gameshark. If it's a problem, let me know.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.