Toronto's NHL franchise, one of the Original Six. Known before 1926 as the Toronto St. Patricks or just the "St. Pats."

Winners of 11 Stanley Cups¹, of which 6 were victories over the Detroit Red Wings. The most recent victory was the '67 Stanley Cup (see Toronto Maple Leafs' Stanley Cup drought). They play in the NHL: Northeast Division.

Play at Air Canada Centre, used to play at Maple Leaf Gardens. Stars included Syl Apps, Ted Kennedy, Johnny Bower, Turk Broda, Charlie Conacher, Tim Horton, King Clancy, George Armstrong and recent ex-pat Curtis "cujo" Joseph.

Stanley Cup years: 1932, 1942, 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1951, 1962, 1963, 1964 and 1967.

GO(LF) LEAFS GO(LF)!

Team colours: Blue and white.

Retired Numbers:

Honoured Numbers:

Until the 2016-2017 season, uniquely among NHL teams, the Leafs would raise a numbered banner to 'honour' a player while allowing the number to continue in use by the next generation of players. Thus many lesser talents have shared many of the above jersey numbers with the honourees. The team reversed this policy to launch the team's 100th anniversary.

1. Not including the Toronto Arenas in 1918 and the Toronto St. Pats in 1922.

Conn Smythe bought the franchise in 1926, that year the teams was renamed the Maple Leafs. As a tribute to the former owners, the team colours were left as green and white for the duration of the first season.

One of the Original Six teams in the NHL, along with the Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Blackhawks, New York Rangers, Boston Bruins, and Montréal Canadiens, Toronto has enjoyed many years of hockey, rich in history and filled with rivalries.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.