TOTALFINAELF is one of the world's leading oil companies. They are involved in exploration, drilling, refining, sales, and distribution. Their three major brands, Elf, Total, and Fina, give them a presence in most major markets throughout the world.

TotalFinaElf operates in three major areas: Upstream, or exploration and production; Downstream, refining and marketing; And finally, they have a strong chemicals operation consisting of their branch Atofina.

Two thirds of TotalFinaElf's Upstream operation is based on petroleum liquids, oil, and condensates, with the remaining one third of the business consisting of gases. They are a major producer of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and they are working to expand new markets for this and other related products in the Far East, the Middle East, Latin America and Europe.

As for the Downstream operation, TotalFinaElf has a manufacturing/refining capability of about 2.6 million barrels per day (1999 figure.) They hold about 12% of the market share for their products in general throughout Europe, and are first in the oil product space in France and the Benelux countries.

TotalFinaElf's chemical company, Atofina, produces "petrochemicals & plastics, intermediates & performance polymers as well as specialty chemicals." It is the world's second-largest producer of polypropylene, for example, and the world's largest producer of thiochemicals. They also produce paints, resins, and adhesives.


References:

Website: TotalFinaElf.com: the official site of the coil company TotalFinaElf. (http://www.totalfinaelf.com/ho/en/index.htm)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.