Transforms from city to battle station to dinosaur and back!

DECEPTICON: TRYPTICON

FUNCTION: ASSAULT BASE
"Total victory requires total destruction."

Doesn't stop blasting until he's hip-deep in smoking rubble. Completely without mercy. The most lethal fighting machine devised by the Decepticons. In dinosaur mode, jumps 20 miles with rocket backpack. Shoots heat-seeking plasma bombs from mouth and mind-controlling hypno-beam from optical sensor. As city, has landing and repair bays, communications center and rotating scanners. In mobile station mode, has laser cannon, rotating blasters, destructo-beams and dual photon launchers.

  • Strength: 10
  • Intelligence: 7
  • Speed: 8
  • Endurance: 10
  • Rank: 9
  • Courage: 10
  • Firepower: 10
  • Skill: 8
Transformers Tech Specs


In the cartoon, Trypticon, like most of the animal Transformers, was changed into a lumbering brute incapable of anything more intelligible than caveman-like subject-verb sentences. He was rarely seen in battle station mode and almost never in city mode, since it was the giant Godzilla-like dinosaur that could do the most damage (and made a great opponent for Metroplex in their periodic MMPR-style battles). It was disappointing, really--you'd think that if the Decepticons had their own land-based city that could get up and walk away whenever it was found out, they'd spend more time living in it.

The toy had a slow, jerky motorized walk akin to Omega Supreme and Sky Lynx, but it really didn't do anything for his marketability. When the kids had to decide which $40 toy they were going to spend their hard-earned money on, they invariably went for the one on the good guys' side and that looked at least somewhat human.

His name, presumably, is a triple-changing pun on the word "triptych".

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.