Oh, what to do with all of that left over turkey once you are "fed up" with turkey sandwiches, turkey pot pie, turkey soup, turkey casserole, ad nauseam. This is my simple solution, get it over with at breakfast, so you won't have to worry about it for the rest of the day.

1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
4 tablespoons butter
2 cups small red potatoes, cooked
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups cooked leftover turkey, diced
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
salt and pepper, to taste

Melt the butter in a large iron skillet. Sauté the onions and bell peppers until the onions are translucent. Dice the potatoes into small cubes. In another iron skillet brown the potatoes in the olive oil, until they have a hard crust, being careful not to burn them. Add the potatoes, turkey, parsley, salt and pepper to the onion-bell pepper mixture. Mix well to blend and simmer over a low heat for an additional 15 minutes. If you like your hash a bit more moist you may add 1 cup turkey gravy. Mix to blend well.

Serve with poached eggs or eggs over easy and buttered rye toast.



You may wish to bookmark this handy Cooking Conversion Table or print it out for future use.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.