To reinforce the concept of The Twelve Powers, I was given this meditation by my minister. I am unaware of any copyright issues with it. She distributes it freely and hasn't said where she got it. I'm inclined to trust her. As this is intended to be a guided meditation, the way I have employed it is that I taped myself reading the meditation slowly. Then I play it back, softly, and concentrate on it during my meditation time. When I do it, it takes about 45 minutes to an hour to complete. YMMV.

There is one presence and power in the universe, God. I am one with God. My attention goes to the Crown of my head, the Christ center. I sense the light of Christ pouring in through my being. I am one with that light, and the light of God surrounds me.
Through the power of the Christ, my faculty of Faith awakens in me now. I affirm my faith in God the good. I trust in God, knowing God's will is for my highest good. I give thanks for the gift of Faith awakened in me now.
Through the power of the Christ, my faculty of Imagination awakens in me now. I see creative and new ways to do what is mine to do. New opportunities to experience God's good are coming into my life now. I see beauty and richness in my life, and I give thanks for the gift of Imagination awakened in me now.
Through the power of the Christ, my faculty of Life awakens in me now. Every cell in my being is charged with the pure, restorative life of God. I feel God's love and life are moving through me now. I give thanks for the faculty of Life awakened in me now.
Through the power of the Christ, my faculty of Love awakens in me now. Through love, I am loving and loved. I am guided and molded by Divine Love. I draw harmony into my experiences. I am a radiating center of Divine Love, loving to everyone including myself. I give thanks for the faculty of Love awakened in me now.
Through the power of the Christ, my faculty of Order awakens in me now. Divine timing and order are now established in my life. My spiritual path unfolds in its proper sequence. I am in harmony as I put God first in my life. My life is harmonious, and my spiritual path unfolds in its proper and progressive evolution. I give thanks for the faculty of Order awakened in me now.
Through the power of the Christ, my faculty of Power awakens in me now. My thoughts and words vibrate with spiritual power. The words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart are acceptable in Thy sight, oh Lord. Dominion and mastery are established in my mind and body. I give thanks for the faculty of Power awakened in me now.
Through the power of the Christ, my faculty of Renunciation (or Elimination) awakens in me now. I release all that is a distraction to my spiritual unfoldment. I am free of the past. I release all false and useless attitudes, emotions, and reactions. I am free! I am whole, at one with God and with life. I give thanks for the faculty of Renunciation awakened in me now.
Through the power of the Christ, my faculty of Strength awakens in me now. Strength surges through me, giving me energy and vigor; bringing endurance and stability to my life. I stand by my convictions. I am strong and unafraid, and I give thanks for the faculty of Strength awakened in me now.
Through the power of the Christ, my faculty of Understanding awakens in me now. I see to the heart of things, and I know what to do. The perfect outworking of every situation is being revealed to me now. God is present in all situations and in every relationship. There is only one presence and power, God. I give thanks for the faculty of Understanding awakened in me now.
Through the power of the Christ, my faculty of Will awakens in me now. I willingly surrender to the Christ and seek to do God's will. Not my will but Yours be done in my life. Thou art the potter, I am the clay. Mold me and use me after Thy will for I am yielding and still. I give thanks for the faculty of Will awakened in me now.
Through the power of the Christ, my faculty of Wisdom (or Judgement) awakens in me now. I perceive beyond appearances. I evaluate every situation, making wise and proper decisions. I am guided by Divine intuition into wise and perfect ways. I give thanks for the faculty of Wisdom awakened in me now.
Through the power of the Christ, my faculty of Zeal awakens in me now. I am enthusiastic and excited about life. I feel good pouring through me and motivating me. I experience miracles in my life, and I give thanks for the faculty of Zeal awakened in me now.
There is only one Presence and Power, God the good, omnipotent. I am one with the Presence and Power. The Father/Mother and I are one. The Light of God surrounds me, the Love of God enfolds me, the Power of God protects me, and the Presence of God watches over me. Wherever I am, God is. Amen.

This node relates twelve and mediation, here is another way other than the Christan perspective of the resident node. In yoga, twelve marks units in time.

For most of our waking and sleeping states thoughts stream constantly in associative tangents. The ability to keep the mind defined on a single point is for the majority of us, shorter than you imagine.

There are units of time in the tradition of yoga for mental stillness.

Concentration is the initial hovering of thought, like a dragonfly above water.

Concentration in this sense is defined as twelve seconds without a break. You can say you were concentrating if your attention can rest for this length of time on a single point.

Twelve consecutive concentrations unbroken have a duration of 2.5 minutes, this can be considered a single meditation upon a point.

Attaining the ability to perform twelve meditations continuously without a break, for the period of half an hour is what the yogis call samadhi.

The units seem small, but participation in the experience will show otherwise.

Source Asasnas 608 yoga poses -Dharma Mitta

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.