Tylenol 3 is acetaminophen plus codeine. Codeine is an opium alkoloid, and the ingredient that makes this a schedule III drug. Most Tylenol 3 tablets contain a little over 300mg of acetaminophen and around 30mg of codeine. With that amount of codeine per pill, one can easily use Tylenol 3 for recreational purposes. A dose of 3 to 6 pills should be sufficient for almost anyone. Remember there are negative effects of Tylenol 3. The most noticeable ones being nausea and itching.

During my first recreational Tylenol 3 encounter, the nausea came and went. However it was neither unbearable nor highly unpleasant. Every once in a while I would feel a little hungry, but eating made the nausea worse. The itching was slightly distracting, but tolerable as well. Over all it was a very positive experience. I felt a little warm and fuzzy and slow, but I also felt happy and motivated. I ended up baking some oatmeal cookies and listening to a lot of music.

Warning: like all other drugs Tylenol 3 should be taken carefully by a well informed user because you can potentially overdose

I don't have anything to add to this node besides a correction. While Codeine is not the worlds most toxic or dangerous drug (although it does carry a risk of addiction), acetameniophen can be deadly, especially in the doses you mention. Even for adults, acetamenophen can be dangerous in doses well under a gram. If you have a liver condition, or are otherwise sick, there is a good chance that a dose of 900 to 1800 milligrams of acetamenophen can kill you.

The moral of the story is, if you want to get high on opiates, buy them on the street, where they are cut with harmless substances like strychnine and atropine.

Tylenol #3's contain the following active ingredients: As for the recreational use of T3's, I recommend against taking more than the recommended dosage - which is 4 within a 12 hour period.
LD50 for codeine is apparently 800mg (though I wouldn't exceed 500), so you're not likely to overdose on the opioids, but rather, the tylenol.

It's worth noting, though, that acetaminophen is not water soluble at room temperature... Codeine is.

If you wish to safely enjoy misusing prescription drugs, I recommend you add the crushed pills to room temp. water and pass through a coffee filter. The acetaminophen will be filtered out - leaving you with a bitter solution of codeine and caffeine you can then drink without fear of tylenol overdose.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.