In the world of Star Trek, the starship that was once commanded by Jean-Luc Picard. The Stargazer is a Federation starship, Constellation class, registry number NCC-2893. The Stargazer was under the command of Capt. Jack Crusher prior to 2333, and under the command of Jean-Luc Picard from 2333-2355 on a historic mission of deep space exploration, prior to his assignment to the Enterprise-D. Lieutenant Jean-Luc Picard was a communications officer on the Stargazer when its captain was killed. Picard usurped control of the bridge and was later assigned to command the ship , a reward for his actions. During an mission of exploration within Sector 21503, the Stargazer was attacked by Cardassian forces and barely escaped.

Under Jean-Luc Picard's watch, the Stargazer visited planet Chalna during 2345. The starship was later presumed to be destroyed near the Maxia Zeta star system by what was later learned to be a Ferengi vessel.

Many years later, the Ferengi Damon Bok returned the hulk of the Stargazer to Picard as apart of a plot to extract revenge on Picard for what the Daimon believed to be Jean-Luc Picard's part in his son's death. After the loss of the Stargazer in 2355, Picard was court-martialed per standing Starfleet procedure, but cleared of wrongdoing. The prosecutor in the case was Phillipa Louvois, with whom Picard had had a sordid past with.

The Star Trek Project



Source: Star Trek Encyclopedia

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.