Former WWF wrestler, hailing from "Parts Unknown" (which in this case is apparently Scottsdale, Arizona). Real name was Jim Hellwig (but he later changed it legally to Warrior), born on June 16, 1957. Stood 6' 5", weighed 275 pounds.

The Ultimate Warrior was known for his unique face paint and uncontainable energy - he sprinted to the ring, shook all of the ropes, and then bounced from one side of the ring to the other - all prior to the match starting. He drew power from all the "little warriors" (much like Hogan did from his Hulkamaniacs), allowing him to miraculously gain a second wind to help defeat his opponents. His finishing moves were the overhead press slam and the warrior splash. Defeated the Honky Tonk Man in less than thirty seconds at Summer Slam to win the Intercontinental Championship. Later defeated Hulk Hogan for the World Heavyweight Championship in the Champion vs. Champion main event at Wrestlemania VI. Also defeated "Macho Man" Randy Savage in a retirement match at Wrestlemania VII, which resulted in the reuniting of Savage with Miss Elizabeth.

The Ultimate Warrior's plotline in the WWF died off mysteriously, leading to rumors that he had died from a steroid overdose (this was at the same time that the WWF was under investigation for rampant steroid use), but the Ultimate Warrior returned to the WCW in later years to renew a feud with Hulk Hogan (who now had 'Hollywood' attached to his name).

Editors Note:

The Ultimate Warrior died on April 8, 2014. Ironically, he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on April 5, appeared at WrestleMania XXX on April 6, and made his first Monday Night Raw appearance in 18 years on April 7, one day before his death. The Warrior collapsed at 5:50 PM while walking to his car with his wife in Arizona outside of their hotel. He was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. No immediate cause of death was given. He was 54 years old.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.