After Thanksgiving (here in the States) or after a huge feast in general, one has to figure out what to do with the leftovers. It can get boring to just microwave some gelatinous gravy and a plate full of the undead remains of your favorite bird. This is a recipe that can make several meals and allow you to enjoy the different tastes.

 

Stuffs:

  • About two pounds of pie dough. Can be homemade, store-bought, or frozen.
  • Pinch of flour
  • 1/2 cup of stuffing
  • 1/2 cup of sweet potatoes, mashed
  • 3/4 cup of diced turkey
  • 1/4 cup of cranberry sauce (optional)
  • 1/8 cup of gravy (optional)
  • Egg wash (1 egg mixed with a tablespoon of milk)

Do-Its:

  1. Set your oven to 350 and preheat.
  2. Roll out the pie dough until between an eighth and a quarter inch thick.
  3. Cut out pairs of 5-inch circles. Re-knead and roll out leftover dough until you have used up all the dough.
  4. On a baking sheet, put a layer of parchment, dust with flour, and add half of the dough circles.
  5. Leaving a quarter-inch border, layer on a teaspoon of sweet potato.
  6. Layer on 2 teaspoons of stuffing.
  7. Top with 2 1/4 teaspoons of turkey.
  8. If using cranberry sauce, add a teaspoon on top of the turkey.
  9. If using gravy, add a half-teaspoon of gravy on the top of the pile.
  10. Repeat until all circles on the baking sheet are filled.
  11. Brush the egg wash around the 1/4-inch rims.
  12. Place a dough circle on top of each pie and use a fork to seal the edges together.
  13. Brush the tops of each pie with the remainder of the egg wash.
  14. Using a sharp knife, make three slits in the top of each pie.
  15. Bake around 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and cooked through.
  16. Let cool for five minutes and serve with extra gravy for dipping if desired.

You can keep these in the fridge for a fast meal or even a packed lunch for school or work. They can also be frozen for later resurrection. Enjoy!

Fee Fi Foe Fum

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.