A person in a committed relationship may be said to be unfaithful if they somehow break the rules to be in a relationship with an unapproved person.

The typical situation to which this is applied is a member of a monogamous couple having sex with someone else. But it can also be applied to any other kind of affair, such as when a person in a polyamorous group hooks up with someone outside the group, or when a person who has agreed not to, for example, kiss anyone other than her partner does so.

This can easily be understood as a subset of the general definition of un-faithful, but it is more commonly used than other meanings of the word.

 

Unfaithful(2002), is also a movie starring Diane Lane and Richard Gere.

Its title suggests everything 'bout the story, so I won't bother you readers with insignificant plot-details ...

I leave it all at  your own choice wether to waste your time doing something more interesting or watch Unfaithful.

Alas,I must warn you : this movie deserves to be savored at approximately the same level like you would a lumpish climax.

Have a pleasant and delightful motion picture viewing !

 

 

Un*faith"ful (?), a.

1.

Not faithful; not observant of promises, vows, allegiance, or duty; violating trust or confidence; treacherous; perfidious; as, an unfaithful subject; an unfaithful agent or servant.

My feet, through wine, unfaithful to their weight. Pope.

His honor rooted in dishonor stood, And faith unfaithful kept him falsely true. Tennyson.

2.

Not possessing faith; infidel.

[R.]

Milton.

-- Un*faith"ful*ly, adv. -- Un*faith"ful*ness, n.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.