Let us honor those who serve



The United States Navy

The United States Navy was established in 1775. It is the branch of the United States armed forces that acts to maintain command of the sea. It operates under the Department of the Navy. The current US Navy seal was adopted in 1957.

The United States Army

The United States Army, established June 14, 1775, if the military force under the Department of the Army that is primarily responsible for land combat. The Army is the oldest of the United States' armed forces.

The United States Coast Guard

The United States Coast Guard is a branch of the United States armed services. It also serves as the chief agency for protecting life and property at sea and enforcing US maritime laws. The Coast Guard is America's oldest continuous seagoing force since 1790.

The United States Air Force

The United States Air Force, which is responsible for most military operations in the air and in space, is the youngest branch of the United States armed forces. Congress created it in 1947 by reorganizing the Army Air forces as a seperate branch. The Army Air Forces developed from an Aeronautical Division that the Army Signal corps set up in 1907.

The United States Marine Corps

The United States Marine Corps is a seperate branch of the armed forces within the Department of the Navy in the Department of Defense. The Corps is specially trained and organized for amphibious assault operations. They protect naval bases and stations, guard US embassies, legations, and consulates in other countries, and perform other duties as directed by the President.


parks and history association

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.