UC Berkeley Extension

In keeping with its populist ideals, Berkeley provides a variety of continuing education options. Extension courses are offered in many cities in the Bay Area, in addition to online courses and enrolling in regular courses without credit. They have quality teachers and programs, and fairly reasonable prices (though still much higher than the community colleges). You do not need to have a GRE, GED, diploma, or apply for admission in order to take a course. For the details see http://www.unex.berkeley.edu/

The flagship campus of the University of California system. Located in the city of Berkeley, 20 minutes and a bridge (or BART tube) away from San Francisco. Generally regarded as the Best Public University in the United States, its status was confirmed by a National Research Council (part of the National Science Foundation) report that named it the best research university in the country. Also home to the country's best English, Chemistry, History, and Mathematics departments. Its College of Engineering is considered one of the "Big 3", along with MIT and Stanford. It is a member of the Pacific-10 (or Pac-10) Division-1A Athletic Conference, and its major rival is Stanford. Its mascot: the Golden Bears. Also referred to as Berkeley, Cal, UC Berkeley, and the University of California (in an athletic context).

The University of California at Berkeley (also known as Cal) is one of the most distinguished research universities in the United States. Although the university has been home to 18 Nobel Prize winning faculty members and its graduate programs are consistently ranked among the top five by US News & World Report and the National Research Council, the university is most famous for its ultraliberal student body and their political activities.

The UC campus is situated in the heart of Berkeley, California, which is adjacent to Oakland and directly across the bay from San Francisco. For an urban campus, it is surprisingly lush and beautiful. There are botannical gardens, streams, redwood groves, and spacious lawns. Many of the buildings are wonderful displays of classical Greek architecture. Towering over the campus and the city of Berkeley is a campanile, which can be seen from San Francisco on a clear day.

UC Berkeley-related nodes that already exist

UC Berkeley Nobel Prize winners

And let's not forget the unabomber, Ted Kaczynski.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.