Up To Here is the first full-length, studio album released by The Tragically Hip. It was released in August 1989 on the MCA label. It was rereleased as an Enhanced CD in 2000, with two videos (in HyperCD format) included.

After the Hip released their EP in 1987, several labels competed to sign the band. Eventually, MCA won out, inking the group to a seven-album deal. By January 1989, The Hip had accumulated enough material and made the decision to record. The tracks on the album were recorded at Ardent Studios in Memphis, Tennessee, under the supervision of producer Don Smith and engineer Bruce Barris. The album was mixed and mastered in southern California.

Nobody was prepared for the reception Up To Here was about to get. The first two singles from this album, Blow At High Dough and New Orleans Is Sinking received heavy airplay on Canadian radio and on MuchMusic, the Canadian music video channel. Two additional videos for Boots and Hearts and 38 Years Old were released in early 1990.

In 1999, the record was certified diamond in Canada (1,000,000 units sold) by the CRIA.


Track listing:
Blow At High Dough
I'll Believe In You (Or I'll Be Leaving You Tonight)
New Orleans Is Sinking
38 Years Old
She Didn't Know
Boots Or Hearts
Everytime You Go
When The Weight Comes Down
Trickle Down
Another Midnight
Opiated


Sources:
The Tragically Hip - http://www.thehip.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.