Volkswagen Corrado

A temperamental and sexy sport coupe that Volkswagen manufactured between 1988 and 1994 (1995 in Continental Europe and England). It comes in three varieties, the G60, the VR6, and the SLC. Many say that this car the new version of Volkswagen's earlier Scirocco. These cars were designed and built entirely at the Karmann factory in Osnabrück, Germany. Anyone remember the karmann ghia?

The G60 has a 1.8 litre four cylinder engine with a supercharger, and was the first type to be manufactured. Notorious for the supercharger dying about every 50k miles. There were also various four cylinder non-supercharged Corrados sold in the European market.

The VR6 is almost identical to the G60 in body style, with a few changes, but has Volkswagen's signature VR6 2.8 litre engine under the hood. The VR6 is not supercharged, but still puts out more power than the G60. Unfortunately, it still does not offer complete respite from the nuances of Volkswagen ownership. The VR6 model was only sold in Europe.

The SLC (Sport Luxury Coupe) is identical to the VR6, but renamed for sale in the United States. VR6/SLC models had either a cloth or leather interior. A winter package was also available with heated seats and side mirrors.

The Corrado is a great car. Mine is frequently mistaken for a late 90s model car, despite the fact that it was designed and manufactured in the late 80s and early 90s. This car will definitely add one more love/hate relationship to your life.

Some information gathered at:
http://www.corrado-club.com/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.