Well, it’s not fish, it’s marinated tofu. And its not chips either, it’s a roasted baby potato salad with a chipotle dressing. And it’s not really cream of tomato soup because I used buttermilk and sun-dried tomatoes.

Roasted Baby Potato Salad With Chipotle
Choose the smallest new red and white baby potatoes that you can find. Rub them with extra virgin olive oil and season well with kosher salt and fresh black pepper. Roast at around 400 degrees F for forty to fifty minutes.
For the Dressing
Chop a good handful or two of fresh oregano leaves. Chop three chipotle tinned in adobo sauce. Mix with the chopped oregano. Pour in extra virgin olive oil and a good balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and fresh pepper.
To Serve
Allow the potatoes to cool to room temperature. Toss well with dressing. Add a few handfuls of finely chopped greens such as tender kale or swiss chard. Garnish with shavings of parmesan.

Sun-Dried Tomato Soup
Simmer a few handfuls of sun-dried tomatoes in vegetable stock. Pureé in a blender. Strain. Sauté minced white onion in the bottom of a soup pot in extra-virgin olive oil that has been used to soak garlic and sun-dried tomato. When the onion becomes translucent, add the strained broth. Season with kosher salt, fresh black pepper, dried basil, and ancho chile powder. Just before serving, after allowing the temperature of the soup to drop somewhat, whisk in some warmed buttermilk. Garnish with seeded and diced plum tomatoes.

Marinated Tofu
Reconstitute shredded kombu seaweed in warm water. Add onion powder, garlic powder, and ginger powder, and some dried dill, Brittany sea salt (this is the darkish kind) and fresh black pepper. Cut cotton tofu into rectangles approximately the size of fish cake or fish sticks. Marinate for several hours. Bring the tofu in the marinade to a boil to heat and the serve together with the kombu and bit of the marinade. Provide a bowl of tartar sauce. Well, it’s not really tartar sauce. It’s
Tarragon Horseradish Sauce
Chop fresh tarragon leaves. Add to grated horseradish (bottled will do). Squeeze in the juice of one or two limes. Season with salt and pepper and a dash of buttermilk.

Would you like to go to Vegetarian Meals That Aren't Just Brown Gack?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.