In the early part of 1950's in the USA, a game called 'Violence Fight' was in vogue among Mafia, reckless drivers and general businessmen.

The "Violence Fight" was the game to struggle for "No.1 Quarreler" with fighters who were gathered from all parts of the USA speaking boastingly of their strength.

And of course a lot of winning the money as well as the honor were given to the "winner".

Here in a downtown in L.A., a young fighter "Bat" and his manager "Blinks" seek for the winning money eagerly.

As a matter of fact; can Bad take the No1 place of the USA?

This interesting bit of Engrish sets the scene for Violence Fight, a video game released in 1989 by Taito. The aptly-titled Violence Fight is one of the many clones of the original Street Fighter that flooded the market in the late 1980s. Players selected one of the four combatants: Bat Blue, Ben Smith, Lee Chen and Lick Joe. Just like the far-superior SF2, the player would have to fight a succession of combatants in order to advance to the boss, but with the added bonus of confusing, badly-translated dialogue between bouts. And instead of kicking the crap out of a BMW in the bonus round (can everyone say "E. Honda"?), Violence Fighters take on a live tiger. If you beat the tiger -- presumably, this was in the days before the ASPCA monitored underground full-contact freestyle fighting competitions -- you would receive a bonus to one of your skills.

If you made it past the tiger and the other playable characters, then you would face the tougher fighters: Butterbean clone Ron Max and gang leader Tony Won.

Violence Fight was successful enough to spawn a sequel, Solitary Fighter. The gameplay was similar to Violence Fight, but with Ron Max and Tony Won added as playable characters.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.