Washington State University is a school with a population of about 19,000 undergrad students at it's Pullman, Washington campus. It is a very good school and has been voted one of the top public research universities in the U.S., according to U.S. News & World Report.

WSU offers some 300 fields of study including more than 150 majors plus many minors, options and certificate programs. The university is composed of 9 different schools and colleges. These are:



The school was founded as the state's land-grant research university. This means that the school must continually do constuction all year round to keep getting money from the state of Washington.It has campuses in Spokane, the Tri-Cities (Richland, Pasco and Kennewick) and Vancouver. Pullman is one of the largest residential campuses west of the Mississippi with about half of the student body living in residence halls, single and family student apartments and fraternity and sorority houses.

The town of Pullman, Washington is quite small, but it is 8 miles away from the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho. Other than that, it is literally in the middle of nowhere.

The school mascot, Butch, is a cougar. The school is a member of the Pac-10 division and usually has a pretty good football team, although the other teams usually aren't that great.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.