Pretenders hide the Transformers inside!

AUTOBOT: WAVERIDER

FUNCTION: NAVAL WARFARE
"Freedom for all starts with freedom of navigation."

A furious fighter and formidable adversary in battle. Prefers exploring the ocean bottom for buried treasure over warfare. Enjoys the "out-of-body" experience of working side-by-side with his humanoid shell. Without shell, transforms to aquatic sea-skimmer capable of diving to a depth of 25,000 feet! Armed for underwater combat with armored shell, energy-spear gun and a thermal broad-axe!

  • Strength: 7
  • Intelligence: 7
  • Speed: 6
  • Endurance: 8
  • Rank: 6
  • Courage: 9
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 8
Transformers Tech Specs


All the Pretender vehicles had an awkward similarity to them; Waverider's "sea-skimmer" was barely different from Finback's hovercraft. His human outer shell wore a black deep-sea suit and diving helmet. This lack of novel variation made it hard to sell twelve different Pretenders to the now-cartoonless American Transformers fan base; even the Japanese cartoon reduced the Pretenders line to three per side instead of six.

In the Japanese "Transformers: Masterforce" cartoon, Waverider was renamed Diver.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.