Basic definition encompassing many tools which can be used to inflict damage or harm upon the object of it's blows.

In human usage, they are constructed mainly for solving disputes related to sex or money, or, in some cases, both.

A better alternative to weaponry is to simply become massively proficient in perl and code a sentient being to "off" the person worthy of revenge. In this way, you get much more credit from the geek community.

Weap"on [OE. wepen, AS. wpen; akin to OS. wpan, OFries. wpin, wpen, D. wapen, G. waffe, OHG. waffan, wafan, Icel. vapn, Dan. vaaben, Sw. vapen, Goth. wpna, pl.; of uncertain origin. Cf. Wapentake.]

1.

An instrument of offensive or defensive combat; something to fight with; anything used, or designed to be used, in destroying, defeating, or injuring an enemy, as a gun, a sword, etc.

The weapons of our warfare are not carnal.
2 Cor. x. 4.

They, astonished, all resistance lost,
All courage; down their idle weapons dropped.
Milton.

2.

Fig.: The means or instrument with which one contends against another; as, argument was his only weapon.

"Woman's weapons, water drops."

Shak.

3. Bot.

A thorn, prickle, or sting with which many plants are furnished.

Concealed weapons. See under Concealed. -- Weapon salve, a salve which was supposed to cure a wound by being applied to the weapon that made it. [Obs.] Boyle.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.