Buying new underwear doesn't mean it's a date either.

Which I have painfully found out. As I write this I am sitting front of a computer that isn't even mine swilling beer and trying not to cry.

It's pitiful really, for all intents and purposes I don't even really know him, but I think that maybe, just maybe (and you're never sure) that I love him. There's just something about him (and I fear that it's the fact that I can't have him) that makes me fidget and blush and think of a mountain view, with the wind blowing gently and his hand held tightly in mine. I'm a sap maybe, I don't know, but I do know that I am painfully lonely and miss the warmth of another person who cares about me.

I'm not a pretty girl, but I'm funny. I'm not sexy, but I know my way around. I'm not thin, or striking, or graceful, but I thought just maybe I had a chance with this guy. He gave me just enough to think that maybe there was something there and it didn't hurt that everyone who saw us together would ask, "How long have you been together?" or the people who knew we weren't together would say,"You to just look like a couple!"

I think he's...amazing.

I can't really describe what I feel for him outside of that.

We were supposed to catch a movie and some Thai food and generally have a good time together. I would pretend it was a date and he would continue thinking of me a his "great chick friend", as I have been to so many men before him. I called to confirm earlier in the day and then went out to wish a friend a happy birthday at work and window shop. I ended up buying when the temptation became too great. You see, I found the matching olive drab bra to match the sassy olive drab underwear that I already had. I thought to myself, "I must have them! " You see the odd thing about women's undergarments is that to an extent they are empowering. I felt like "Commando Woman" with these on, like some invincible G.I. Joe chick, like maybe Scarlet, she was always my favorite with that fiery red hair and crossbow...What I'm getting at is that they would lend me a bit of confidence to maybe kiss him or at least tell him how I feel over a beer and a little Tom-Ka-Kai.

What I didn't know was that he wasn't going to call me back. I have three numbers I can use to get in touch with him and none of them worked. Maybe something serious has come up like an accident or illness, but I doubt it. This kind of thing always seems to happen to me. I just wish he had said, "Fuck off!" or "I've got other plans" or "I think I hear my mom calling me!"

Anything would have been preferable to sitting in front of a computer swilling beer and trying not to cry.

Wearing your nice underpants may not mean that it's a date, but does it mean that you want it to be a date?

If there's a correlation between underwear quality and affection... the implications are... well, not all that spectacular, but kind of curious. Now the only problem is seeing her underpants (so that their quality can be gauged, of course) before it is blatantly obvious that she does want a date. In other words, how is this useful? Any suggestions?

Well, I asked my girlfriend last night about this whole sexy underwear thing, and she said that wearing sexy underwear makes a girl feel sexy. Even if the guy's never going to see a stitch of it, it'll make her feel more self-confident. So chances are, if a girl is out with you, and she wants to feel sexy and confident, than chances are pretty good that it's either a date, or she wants it to be one.

Of course she could just enjoy wearing nice underpants all the time, and you're just barking up the wrong tree, but let's just pretend that she wants a date. Of course, as rescdsk pointed out, by the time you see her underpants, you're pretty sure that she wanted a date, so I don't think there's any reliable way to use underpants quality as a sort of early warning indicator for a date.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.