Wow.  This was my favorite movie growing up.  It premered in theatres July 1989 and was released by Artisan Entertainment.  The run time is 101 minutes, and it's rated PG-13.

Starring Jonathan Silverman, and Andrew McCarthy, it tells the story of two young employees at a large company who find out that someone is embezzling money.  They don't know that it's actually their boss, Bernie (Terry Kiser), and so they happily report their findings to him with dreams of a big raise.  He lures them to his off-shore vacation house to kill them, but he himself is killed by a hitman before the two arrive.  They discover his body and have to try to carry him around and convince everyone else that he's still alive to avoid being framed for his murder.  Sure, it seems stupid now, but it really was an original concept for a movie. I've never laughed so hard in my life.

So I was in Meijer last semester, and I see my old friend Weekend at Bernie's staring at me from the bargain DVD pile...for $6.95!  Now how am I supposed to resist a deal like that?!  I don't.  Here's the DVD info:
 

Technical Features

  • Region 1
  • Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
  • Widescreen letterbox
  • Single layer
  • Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
  • Available subtitles: Spanish


Special Features

  • Production notes
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Scene selection


Okay, so the DVD is crap.  It's Weekend at Bernie's, dammit, and it was $6.95!  Who needs special features?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.