I was born on a hog farm in New York City. Course they didn't call it New York city back then. They called it York New City. Changed it a few years back. Can't understand why.

Anyway, we had hogs. Real big hogs. Except for one tiny little hog, fit in the palm of my hand, never grew a bit bigger. Until I decided to feed it. Then the dang thing grew three stories tall.

And I said, Mister Pig, why'd you grow three stories tall. And the pig said it's Miss Pig thanks, and I said well why's it Miss Pig, and she said it's cause you're gonna miss me when I'm gone. And I said I dunno, you're too big for me to feed anyway, and I said where are you going?

And the pig said Well I'll tell ya, it's called the Undiscovered Country but I don't know what in tarnation they're talking about because I've been there twice. Great place. Full of giant ears of corn and mountains of diamonds and a bar run by this guy named Wackiki who makes the best ale and the worst beer I've ever tasted, and both times I tried the beer it was after Wackiki told me not to. And I asked him why he'd sell that beer if it was so gosh-darn terrible.

And he said well I'll tell ya, it all started when I was travelling west and I forgot to stop at the ocean and I wound up in a juke joint at the bottom of the sea and I said give me a drink before the trouble starts, and the bartender said oh no you don't, I know that joke, get out of here or I'll make you clean the dishes. So I cleaned the dishes for my beer. And the beer was the best beer I ever had in the world. And I said bartender, how'd you make this beer?

And the bartender said Well I'll tell ya, it all started when I was a wee little thing with only two tentacles, and I decided to swim west and I forgot to stop at the shore, so I wound up in a Jake Joint in the middle of Samoa. Almost got fried and served on a plate until I told them folks I could tap dance for them and make them extra money. Except that the floor was made entirely of clam shells and I didn't like that so much so I said why in the hell would you make a floor entirely out of clam shells, this is terrible for tap dancing. And they said well I'll tell ya, you ain't in no position to make any demands are ya? And I said Well I'll tell ya, someday I'll get more tentacles and then I'll wallop ya. And they said where ya gonna get more, the tentacle shop? So I went to the tentacle shop and I said Bartender, give me eight of them arms. And the guy at the counter said the bartender's busy, could I settle for six. And I said ayup. And he gave me six tentacles after I sang a magnificent solo for him.

So I went back to the Jake Joint and walloped everybody and the bartender said that does it, any beer you sell will be the best beer anyone has ever tasted so everything else will taste terrible to them and I said fine, and I put my bar at the bottom of the sea so nobody but the bravest could reach me. But you, you wandered in here like you were strolling down the road, so maybe you're the dumbest.

And so I wandered west from there until I hit the land again, and I kept wandering west until I hit the ocean, and then I wandered west until I hit the land again, and so on and eventually I came to this place with mountains of diamonds and giant corn. And I tried to replicate that bartender's beer but I decided I would rather do the opposite and make the worst beer in the world so nobody would stay in this place too long because to be perfectly honest you can't eat nothin' but corn all day.

And I said sure I can. And Wackiki said go on, get out of here. So I got out of there, but I came back for the ale, and Wackiki said you best be getting on.

So I said to Miss Pig, well my friend, can I follow you to the Undiscovered Country, and Miss Pig said you'll follow me eventually. And then she stomped off over the horizon and I never saw her again until I decided to wander west.

Anyway that's where I'm from, and that's why Miss Pig here is three stories tall now. Give me some of that ale.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.