Wet Platinum is a silicone-based lubricant for (*snort*) sensual and erotic play. It is completely tasteless and odorless. Some retailers claim that it is also a good lubricant for massage. However since it is quite long-lasting and difficult to clean up, using it for massage seems quite impractical: silicone lubes don't absorb into the skin the way natural or mineral oils do.

From the label, Wet Platinum contains: Cyclomethicone, dimethiconol, silicone, dimethicone copolyol, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E). See? there isn't any water. This means nothing will evaporate during the action: which means you don't get all sticky after 15 minutes like you can with nearly all the water-based lubes.

Wet Platinum really does remain slippery for a long long time. It doesn't quite stay as slick as when you first squirt it on; but if you forget to wash up afterwards, you'll definitely have a slippery feeling when you wake up.

Silicone lubes have one really cool property: they stay slippery in water. This adds lots of potential for variety and fun. Water-based lubes just wash right off in the shower, bathtub, or cold mountain stream. A silicone lube won't even budge.

As you might imagine, a lube like Wet Platinum is a bit more difficult to clean up when you're done. I've found that soap and water work just fine for cleanup; you're sort of in the position you'd be in if you'd been playing with vegetable shortening. The manufacturers sell a special cleanup product called Wet Platinum Afterwash, but it's not any more effective than a nice gentle shower gel and warm water. Wet Platinum will also leave an oily stain on most natural fabrics.

Wet Platinum is also latex-safe; but be careful: if you've got any money invested in expensive silicone sex toys, you don't want to use a silicone-based lube on them. The interaction of the lube with the toy can turn into quite a mess, since the liquidy lube begins to slowly dissolve the sturdy dildo or buttplug.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.