Yeah, so this is a rant. I mean, something needs to fill this node shell!!

You know what is a load of crap? Poaching. So is hunting on private land without permission, you know, trespassing. Not JUST hunting, but leaving up multiple (16 at this point) tree stands, and a few cameras (thanks, assholes, those were not cheap! hope you don't miss them!)

It's also a load of crap to leave multiple gut piles on the land you trespass on, and pretty shitty to fail to track a doe that is then found dead near a well used aspect of the private property.

I sincerely hope the DEC catches your sorry asses, and that you again fail to display your tags. IF we are really lucky, your sorry ass will go to jail.

Adding to this as requested

So to clarify where this rant is coming from, I work at a camp property that caters to mostly kid groups. We are on 610 acres of land, mostly wooded, mostly wild, with about 10 units with cabents, a fair number of cabins, dining halls, recreational spaces, and three heated lodges used year round. We also have ponds for boating, and a good number of trails that run through our property. Trespassing from neighboring properties happens, but mostly its more annoying than anything. Until hunting season hits. One of the neighboring properties give us a very hard time. Even though they have more than 600 acres as well, apparently it is not enough. For years we have been battling the problem of them hunting on our land, in dangerously close proximity to spaces used by groups of kids. Bow and crossbow season are scary enough, but when for opening day of shotgun season, we actually have to black out any property rentals for fear of someone getting hurt or killed.

These trespassers have chewed up our land with ATVs, left deer stands and blinds in our trees, they have left multiple gut piles and untracked carcasses, they have even stolen our property to use to transport their kills, leaving gore behind. Not only is it dangerous for our customers, it's also pretty horrible for them to run into this kind of unexpected carnage when they are expecting a fun relaxing weekend.

It is also risky for us as staff, to be out working on our property. These people have a history of violence with our camp - though nearly 40 years ago, and they clearly have complete disregard for boundaries - or even laws for that matter. On the trail cams they have left on our property we have obtained proof of them hunting on our land - without the proper tags displayed.

We have recently teamed up with various and local authorities to finally catch these guys in the act, and hopefully put a stop to it. Use your own land.

Tell me this isn't a load of (entitled) crap.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.