(note: i am creating this as a public service announcement about what happens when you forget your medicine at college. It is not some attempt to look super giganto cool by broadcasting to the world: "Hello, I take zoloft. I am so gloriously mentally ill! You will love me yes?" Nevertheless, i am sure plenty of people will downvote, and downvote, and downvote. Enjoy yourselves.)

Yea! I thought to myself. I go home for weekend, to the land of clean showers and food that is not pre-packaged noodles. So i grabbed my neccesities and ran out the door. But as you can tell from the node title I forgot one little neccessity i probably definitely should not have.

The first day was alright. I had experienced the side effects of forgetting to take it before. I felt a little woosy and dizzy and such, but at least i could still speak in complete sentences. I took it in stride really, and resigned myself to tough it out. Then the next day, today happened. As you can probably tell from my grammar, i have very little control over my speech. The room spins without really moving and everything is way too bright. I sometimes forget i'm awake and lose myself in staring at some spot on the wall.

This all leads me to question the goodness of zoloft. Sure, it helps me get through some really shitty days, and makes me a completely different person than I am without it. But then there are these crazy side effects. I feel drunk but without any alchohal consumption. I feel high but without the fun giggliness.

I'm not really sure where i'm going with this anymore. I wish i knew where my original destination was. All i can really do is apologize for any errors in the above writing and hope that you will learn from my experiences. Don't bother with zoloft. Or if you do bother with it, make sure you bother with it consistently. And keep some at home for those super forgetful times. Anything else i don't know right now. But i have this overwhelming urge to eat ramen.

The dangers of leaving one's medication at college when visiting home for the weekend are not just limited to psychotrophic prescription drugs. Last year I was on this antibiotic, Erythromycen or something like that for my skin, not for any sickness...I had been on it for about a week when I went home and forgot it...I had been on it just long enough for it to kill all of the good bacteria in my body, you know, the type that keeps you from letting the bad bacteria take over...so that weekend I went out and partied (staying up all night on LSD does wonders for the immune system as well, I'm sure)...and the next night I started getting sick, which I would have just chalked up to me mistreating my body and being done with it. However, when I get back to school, I get assaulted...within the day I have a lung infection, throat infection, sinus infection, ear infection, pink eye, and a fucking yeast infection...all at the same time. So I go to the doctor and he gives me another antibiotic ("don't keep taking the erythromycen while you're on this" he tells me, no fucking shit! That erythromycen is never coming near me.) and eye drops and the like and in a few days all the infections are gone, but I was in bed for almost a week. Now I always have backup medication at home.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.