display | more...
  1. File a police report where you've lost it. This will hopefully help save your credit. "I was diligent in trying to retreive the lost wallet! I cannot be held responsible for that girl's shopping spree!"
  2. Cancel your credit cards.
  3. Call the following three numbers, tell them "I need to place a Fraud Report on my name and social security number, please." After doing this, they will contact you and get your permission before they allow anyone to check your credit.
    • Equifax 1-800 525-6285
    • Experian (formerly TRW) 1-800-301-7195
    • Trans Union 1-800-680-7289
  4. Call the social security administration fraud line at 1-800-269-0271.

Placing a fraud report on your SSN is only necessary if your driver's license number was the same as your SSN, or if your social security card was in said wallet.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.