This is a quote from the movie Clueless, but I also find it to be quite true. Then someone special is coming over, or you live in University owned apartments that smell weird all the time, the best thing to do to improve the aroma of your room is to bake something. I realize some people cannot bake, while others are quite skillful at the art. No matter what your abilities are, you CAN bake.

Two of the best smelling baked goods are homemade bread, and brownies. In a pinch cookies will do, but they're not quite as aromatic. All of these foods are available to you in user-friendly forms. Obviously bread can be made in one of those handy dandy bread makers; however, I prefer to buy the frozen dough. It is much more authentic. The only thing you have to do is throw the dough in the pan and let it rise until it is 1" above the top. Then bake according to the directions on the package. This way it'll look like you prepared the bread from scratch. Oh, and it smells divine.

Brownies are just as easy. Simply buy a mix and prepare, or if that's too much effort Nestlé now has the brownie dough that's all ready to bake.

Either way you go, you and your loved one will enjoy the wonderful smells wafting from the kitchen. If you remember to take your baked good out of the oven on time, you will also have a delicious treat.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.